1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

650 and Grabber

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I have a 650. I have a chance to pickup a really old grabber in bad shape with lots of missing parts. Can I just swap-out the main shaft and everything above turret on my 650, and drop it in Grabber turret?

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

It sounds like a lot more efforet than it is worth. Even ratty grabbers are getting a pretty big price, spend $50.00 extra and get a conmplete one and you'll still have a 650 to sell and recoop some cash. Every time I ever tried to make something from nothing, I ended up spending more than I thought by the time I got everything up to snuff. Good Luck

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Leo - It was free, but I didn't grab it when I had the chance. I was pretty much thinking along your lines. As a second thought I thought it might be worth the effort if all I needed to do was remove the main shaft bolts, remove, then drop the 650 shaft into the Grabber.

The other option I considered was just sending it back to MEC for an overhaul, but I don't know how much MEC charges for that.

And I have trash cans full of resized once-fires for the 650. And I probably missed my chance to get it. Maybe I ought to call MEC to see what the charge for an overhaul.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The answer to your question is on the Mec website. You can compare the part numbers for the items you want to swap.

If you shoot the same shells in the same gun you can run the grabber once on strange hulls, and load fired shells from your gun in the 650 without resizing. Or get a case conditioner.

You might put 150 into the Grabber but you will have a top doggie machine when Mec gets done with it.

HM

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

HM - MEC was quick! I got a reply to my email. According to MEC, I can swap out the top of the 650 with the Grabber. There are a few other minor parts changes. I think if I can still get it (doubtful), I'll grab it and try fixing it up for a winter cabin fever project. But he who hesitates, or thinks slowly, is lost; and I may have lost it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.