1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

64---New ATA Shooters 2007

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mnjim, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnjim

mnjim TS Member

Great job Wally. We need many more like you guys. MnJim AKA Jim Barth

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Keep up the good work.....

3. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

This is a great example of the kind of thing that can happen when the state association and the local club get a hold of a problem and work at it. The MTA board two years ago established a set of five year goals. One of the most important was to increase the number of trap shooters shooting registered targets. In support of that goal, Minnesota Director, Stan Durda, led a team that established a great marketing package to be used by our clubs and other MTA board members when attending local trap leagues and gun shows. In addition, the board voted to cover half of any new adult ATA membership fee and all of any Jumior fee. The board also established a novice only set of trophies for our state shoot to encourage more new shooters to attend our shoot.

Some clubs have had great success using this program. Although Buffalo Gun Club has been the clear leader this year and last year, there are other clubs that have done well as well. Director Glen McLeod from Grand Rapids Gun Club has also had some good success as have others. It takes the whole trap shooting community to make this work and the strong support given to the MTA programs and goals by these clubs demonstrates it how effective we can be.

Thanks to all for the efforts expended to make this possible.

Mark Zauhar, MTA President

4. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Mark - congratulations on putting together such a great program, which apparently is working. What a great idea to have a "novice" set of trophies as well; that's the smartest thing I seen all year with regards to the bigger shoots.

Have you shared this (goals and marketing package) with any of the other State organizations or maybe I should say, has any one asked you about this?

It seems your program, along with with the willingness of your directors and clubs are making excellent strides in inviting and keeping new shooters.

You and your entire State should be commended for being so proactive. It is working and it shows.

Sherree

5. grammie

grammie TS Member

Well,,,the juniors will be gone as quick as they came,,,,,,,and if all holds true within the ATA,,,,you will lose 80% of all the adults after the 1st year!!!

Thats the "stats" anyway!!!!!!

AKA Grammie.........

6. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I hope I get a chance to visit BGC and the other fine clubs in MN... those are the places that make people (like myself) want to come back, again and again.

Again, kudo's to all of you.

7. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

KUDOS to your hard work to bring new shooters to the sport!!!!!!!!

GS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.