1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

625 or 682 ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mholting, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mholting

mholting TS Member

Witch is the better gun Browning 625 or Beretta 682 gold e ???

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

There both better than I could ever be, and will both last you a lifetime or more. Now with that said, they do have different stock set ups. Most shooters will prefer one or the other, but rarely both. Find the one that fits you the best and go for it. You can't go wrong. Break-em all. Jeff

OH, Yeh, I like the brownings better. If you close your eyes and mount both guns one at a time, the one that comes up the best and your looking perfectly down the barrel after you open your eyes is the one I'd pick!!!

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I like the 682 but it isn't because it is necessarily better or more durable than the Browning - they just feel better. Very subjective on my part but the Brownings feel clunky and slow. A lot of guys will tell you just the opposite.

Best bet is to try an example of each with what ever features you desire and make your decision as to what is 'best'.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

If you have wider than normal shoulders and wider than normal ocular distance (distance between your eyes), the Browning will likely fit.

If you have average shoulder width and average ocular distance, the Beretta will likely fit.

Take your time, find folks at your local club who have these guns and shoot both of them.

If one model Browning or Beretta fits, most all of the same brand will likely fit.

If a gun feels wrong, a comb and adjustable pad may not make it work.

Having wider than normal shoulders and ocular distance, the Browning O/U fits me like they were custom made for ME. I have a Special Sporting Clays Edition, Ultra XT, and a non ported Euro 525 Sporter. They all feel and shoot great. I prefer the heft of the 30" Special Sporting Edition and the Ultra XT.

The mint 28" 525 Euro is for Intl' disciplines. Oddly enough, I bought it from a dealer who thought it was a field gun. I did not correct him, and the gun was a STEAL. I don't have a clue how it got here. Luckily, the prior owner lost the box. LOL

The Special Sporter is the best handling and shooting arm I have ever owned, and I have owned most brands, and had numerous stocks fitted to me and made for me. This bone stock gun feels incredible. YMMV

5. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

They are the same strength mechanically,brownings are blockier heavier feeling while beretta has lighter sleeker feel.beretta has thru bolt so its real easy to get inside for re oiling cleaning.
    I know a browning guy who says he just cant get into berettas,maybe an italian problem he has,others have a japanese problem and yet ignore their american browning is made there.
    If you want american made,well a ruger will do I guess.

Ive had all of them,I like the 682 system as its still fairly the most modern design out there short of the blaser, maybe.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with the Beretta internals. The Browning and Beretta both have classic, time tested designs.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Shooting Coach, Thank You for that explaination between the browning and the beretta. I've never heard it put that way, but it makes alot of sense to me. I hope you don't mind if I use it in the future!!! I always kind of though that Browning was more American type gun fit while the Beretta was more Euro type gun fit. But that is just what I've "heard". Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.