1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

600 jr. Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

I have a 600 jr.in 410 that has a couple of problems that I'll bet someone on this forum can help me solve. First, when the handle is at the top of the stroke, it is extremely hard to get to get it started downward. However I can get it going very easily by pushing down on the linkage at the rear of the loader. Yes, everything is properly lubricated and I can turn all 3 of the 1/4" bolts by hand. I've already called MEC and they had no ideas other than to send it to them which I may do.

Second problem is that after the hull has been deprimed and resized I have to use a pair of pliers to get the hull out of the size die. It seems that the eject bolt cannot be adjusted out long enough to eject the shell. Remington STS and old style AAs are the 2 hulls that I have tried. The loader has the correct length (3 1/2") bolt according to the MEC tech.

I might add that this one is an older model with steel dies if this makes any difference. It has seen little use. Also I am not the original owner so I have no history. I will be happy to take some pictures if that might be of any help.

Thanks in advance,

Wayne

2. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

Sounds like it may have been dropped at some time! I'd spend the bucks and let MEC give it a good tune-up! dave

3. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

Don't think it helps but I had a brand new Grabber that did the same thing with the handle. The iron part that held the dies was cocking against the square post it rides on when you pull the handle down and creating a lot of resistance.If I pushed down on the die "holder" it went real smooth. I don't think it is a wear problem.This pres had less than 750 shells loaded on it when I sold it. It wasn't an issue,just a PIA.I didn't sell it because of that, I needed the money.On your 600 isn't there a cam pushing the decapping rod down through the die? Try adjusting it to get more travel. I went so far as to get a longer bolt and custom cut it to length to make it work. You might try the same if you like to think out of the box and tinker instead of being a parts changer.

4. leftex

leftex Active Member

I've adjusted the eject bolt to its maximum length and the cam is also at its maximum travel. I think a trip to mec is in order.

5. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

I do MEC repair and can help you on your problem my # is 423-743-9233

thanks
    lee

6. leftex

leftex Active Member

I've already sent it to mec. Thanks for the reminder!

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec 600 jr eject bolt

removing eject bolt mec 600 jr