1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

600 jr problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smithersshootingsports, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithersshootingsports

smithersshootingsports TS Member

My incompetence has stumped me again. I have a 600 jr 12 gauge. It wont crimp a shell right on the final station. I assume this station is the problem. So I began to tear into the station. But cant seem to get it off the loader. I've put a wrench on the nut and screwdriver at the top but can only get it to tighten and back off a little bit. Any problem solvers out there? Do I need to order the last station parts or is this just a simple adjustment problem? I should add it wont even crimp an empty.

Thanks
    smithers

2. sts1100

sts1100 Member

Post pics of a shell after the pre crimp station and one that you have ran through the final crimp, with that I am sure there will be many people that will be able to help you solve your problem.

Dave

3. Country Squire

Country Squire TS Member

I,ve had the sizing die unscrew and not let the loader go through its entire stroke. Hope this helps George

4. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

You have to take nut completely off then screw bolt through the plate of loader to take it off, it is problaly just out of adjustment.Screwing the bolt down deepens the crimp up vis-versa hope this helps KW

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Like KW said the nut on top of the plate is just the lock nut. You have to turn the entire screw to move the die up and down. Then just tighten the lock nut again to keep the die from moving over time. If you continue to have problems go to Mecreloaders.com and get their phone number and call them. They have the best customer service you can find today. They will work you through it, no matter what loader you have. Good Luck and break-em all. Jeff

6. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

TRY TAKING A NEW FACTORY SHELL,PUT IT IN THE CRIMPING STATION,BRING DOWN THE DIE ON TO THE SHELL,TURN THE SCREW DOWN TILL IT MEETS THE NEW SHELL,LOCK IN PLACE WITH THE LOCKING NUT. i FORGOT TO SAY,WHEN YOU START, BACK THE SCREW IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DIE ALL THE WAY UP,THEN START THE ADJUSTMENT. tHAT'S THE WAY i DO IT AND IT WORKS FOR ME. worth a try

7. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Make sure there are no little lead pellets in the shell holder. That will make everything screw up.

8. smithersshootingsports

Thanks fellas....I've been at work all day ill try your tricks later tonight. I was having trouble getting that whole screw to come out earlier this morning....I loosened the nut and tried backing out the bolt with a screwdriver but it gets to a point where it wont turn. Id say there probably was a piece of shot in the holder since I dumped the shot yesterday.

9. Pull & Mark

Sorry, The nut should be on the bottom of the plate. Just dawned on me someone I bought a used loader from had taken it apart to paint it and assembled it with the nut on the wrong side of the plate. This will limit the final crimp and run out of threads for the nut. Hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

click on the link.

Wayne

11. smithersshootingsports

So if the bolt wont turn anymore its probably adjusted to the max?

12. KW post 5

KW post 5 TS Member

If the bolt stops its either flared at the top by your screwdriver or the threads are messed up once it is unscrewed it should drop out of the plate KW

13. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Some people should not reload.....

14. Pull & Mark

Bolt should only stop if your raising it up!!! It should fall out when max. out if you are lowing it. Also your loader could do 2 3/4 and 3 inch shells and the center post may be on the 3 inch setting. This should effect pre-crimp and final crimp. May also effect the deprime and reprime stations as well. Call Mec.!!! Break-em all. Jeff

15. smithersshootingsports

Shot410 I hope someday I can be as perfect as you....im guessing you have about 40to 50 years more than me, of life learning experiences...

Everyone else thanks its fixed and I've got plenty of shells to shoot for Saturday....bet they don't break all the targets though!!

Thanks again
    Smithers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

600 jr mec wont crimp