1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

60" Plasma?????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Robb, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robb

Robb Member

Looking for best bang for buck.

2. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Robb:
    Try and find a Sony Qualia 70" to view. You can get a great deal on one now, used. SXRD technology and the best picture overall I have ever seen. Easy on electricity too.
    Dave

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Sams club and costco had the best deals when I bought. I bought a Vizio and have been well satisfied with it but I theink the Samsung is a better picture slightly if you can find one at a deal

4. Robb

Robb Member

I like the Pioneer Kuro but hate to spend that much.

5. otnot

otnot Active Member

I spent a month researching flat screen tv's and ended up buying a Panasonic th50pz85U. Here is a great site for research. Also research

http://www.highdefforum.com/index.php

Pioneer is a better plasma but Panasonic is a close second and a grand cheaper.

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was told either Sony or Sansung. Both have great pictures.

7. trapperpg

trapperpg Member

60" and plasma pretty much puts a Pioneer in your shopping cart, as far as consumer displays are concerned. It will also lighten your pockets a little over 5k.
    My personal opinion, shaped by over 15 years in the custom-install business, is Pioneer makes some of the best PDP sets out there. Panasonic is a close second...with all of that to change next year, when Panasonic begins supplying PDP's for Pioneer sets.

I suggest you hit a few "upscale" stores, avoid the box stores, where you can watch material you are familiar with, and can possible view in a setting similar to what you would have at your home, and find what looks good to you. If money is no object, you will get what looks best. If money becomes a factor, you have to decide at what price point is it "good enough". I would also suggest you choose a product that can be serviced, as many of the chinese off-brand(ie. Vizio) become throw away units when the warranty is up.

Just my .02

PG

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

samsung through Amazon......likely the best price, free delivery and great customer service...

9. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

I looked for about 3 months checked out amazon and looked at the sets live at best buy. The panasonic was my pick. It has a better pic from 170o than the samsung or pioneer. I got a 42" found one on amazon for $1400 best buy said they would match that at the time [last year] there was a 150 rebate. he matched it dropped a $100 and got the rebate. I t lasted 12 days and died. Took it back and got the floor model and have not had a problem.My advice is buy local Panasonic is the one that makes 95% of the screens --check the AVS site above rick

10. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Oh that 60" will take 2 strong guys to move and dont think about a wall mount unless on block wall the 42" is about 130lbs rick

11. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Sony is soon to sell a 70" XBR for $19,000; please send the invites as soon as it is delivered. Again, do not wait.
    Thanks,
    Dave

12. otnot

otnot Active Member

And go Plasma if you want true colors. Make sure you use a break in period of 100 hours or you might get picture retention. And don't be discouraged when you first plug it in because it takes time to breakin. It just clearer everyday. Here is another link. If you need cables and such to to Monopric.com.

13. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I have a 60 inch Sony Vega LCD. It has a great picture but I have noticed there is a yellow band down the left side of the screen that is about 10-12" wide. Anyone else out there having this problem. Is there a fix? JRm

14. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I bought a Panasonic 52 inch a couple of years ago and it has given good service and the picture is great (HD - Direct TV) The guy from Direct TV insisted that better cables from their box to the TV would improve picture... I bought the best ones from Radio shack and he was right.

We also have a Visio 40" unit and even though the picure is not quite as good as the Panasonic I am well pleased for the price paid. (Sams Club)

Bob Schultz

15. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

60" LG - Most all plasma makers have to go through LG. LG has the patent on plasma components. Picture quality is outstanding.

16. Robb

Robb Member

Thanks to all for the comments. Still shopping but like Pioneer plasma. Might be a 50" though. We did see a $7000 Sony LCD that was wonderful but not for me.

17. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Can't go wrong with the Pioneer Kuro or the Elite Kuro. We are a Pioneer A/V Dealer. Where are you located? Might be able to help out with price. No problem with a good wall mount and proper installation, we have installed lots on wall mounts. The Elite 60" weight 112lbs Panel only and 132 with speakers and stand. No doubt the best plasma on the market but it is pricey.
    Jeff Ryals

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I work in the building industry. We just finished a high end condo on the ocean and did a complete remodel. The A/V company installed speakers inside the walls and ceilings of every room of the condo, complete with controls for all the A/V coponents which were installed in closit. 4 cable boxes,the new high end DVD player (blueray) in think, with two computers to run to wall switches and sound radio system for music and Ipod unit as well. Well over $30,000-$50,000 to install system. All four TV's in the condo are Samsung LCD's hi-end. He told me not to waste my money on Plasma units or another name TV. He said Samsung. Now what TV do you want to buy next. I know what I want for the Holidays. Break-em all. Jeff

19. Robb

Robb Member

jamnss, I'm in SW Ohio.

20. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

So which one of you is having the Super Bowl party in front of that big TV? Want me to bring anything? Chips? Omaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.