1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

60/40

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nailer123, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

Ok i dont get the 60/40 70/30 . I shot a new bt 99 .i shot just at the bottom of the target so what am i shooting .

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

If you were to shoot a pattern on paper, 60/40 suggests that 60% of the pellets are above the point of aim (POI) while 40% are below the POI. 70/30 suggests a pattern that would have 70% above and 30% below. If you are hitting targets on the bottom, your gun is a little low for your methods - hitting the top means the gun shoots just a bit high. No one can give your percentages from the info you provided.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Bob- Point of impact (POI) or point of aim (POA)? Remember I am the poster who yesterday got the words two and tow mixed up in a post.

Pat Ireland

4. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

thank you for the info now i get it . i havnt shot the new gun on paper but now i know what you guys are talking about .

5. tandemdude

tandemdude TS Member

you should shoot it on paper, then you will know exactly what your new gun is doing, good luck, Norm

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

There's no need to find out the percentage once you know where it shoots, in inches high/low relative to the point of aim.

(in a whisper - this is just for you, mpipster, so others aren't offended.) When someone tells you at the club that his or her gun shoots six inches high at 40 yards, he or she probably knows. When it's said as "80/20" it's almost certainly worse than a guess, being not only never tested, but also so heavily influence by what the shooter wants that it's more a prayer than a fact.

Neil

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

(whisper to chipking only) I'm sure many can make that conversion. But I'm also sure few have ever done it to see if they are right. Or have decided which definition of percent they are using (area or pellets) or have much understanding the effect of choke and distance, all of which are covered by the above link.

My question remains: Once you know where, in inches, it shoots, why make the conversion to percent? What does it add besides uncertainly?

Neil

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

OOOPS! Sure miserable gettin' old, eh Pat?.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.