1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$60.00 to Attend

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by WS-1, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Conservatives,

If you are feeling just a little deflated by any perception of a momentum shift after the Hispanic, Lesbian, Union, Tree hugger event held today in D.C., well don't! At about 5:15 PM today, while listening to WMAL Radio in the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. marketplace, I overheard an interview of one of the union members who attended the event. The union member told the WMAL interviewer that he was out of work back home and that he had been paid $60.00 to go and that all of his union brothers had also been paid. He told the interviewer that members of the NEA were saying they had been paid more to attend. THE WHOLE EVENT WAS A GREAT BIG HOAX MADE FOR TV AND PAID FOR WITH YOUR MONEY. The interviewer asked the union member his name, and he said he'd rather not give it because he didn't want to (and I am not quoting him here) upset anybody.

Please, please get pissed off about the dishonest, shameless crap these communists are throwing on us in broad daylight. Why aren't we defending ourselves? How many more New Black Panthers will it take to wake us up? What will you do in November if there is someone at your polling place who is obviously attempting to intimidate you? THIS MORNING, IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, HUNDREDS, MAYBE THOUSANDS, OF UNION LOSERS GOT PAID WITH YOUR MONEY TO STEAL YOUR COUNTRY FROM YOU. What are you going to do about it?

Kit Thomas

2. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Kit,

Who paid these people to attend? The US government?

Chichay

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Look at the above site. I looks like there was not too many communist there.

Jerbear

4. dalog

dalog Member

And this is what your $60.00 was paying for,

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wkw7n9Qagu8&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wkw7n9Qagu8&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Should scare the **** out of you!

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Chichay,

They were paid by their unions. Many unions now receive government subsidies. The subsidies come from our tax dollars. Please, please go to

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2010/09/the-new-face-of-the-union-movement-government-employees

What it all boils down to is that we are being forced to pay for the structural engineering of a vast monolith which will incrementally become more powerful than the entire private sector and will thus be able to DICTATE where we go, what we do, and how we do it. OUR PROFITS WILL BECOME THEIR PAYCHECKS!

In 1861, this country went to war for less than this. They are stealing your food(I don't mean you specifically, I mean "you" collectively) right off your plate...with you sitting there looking at them.

I'd bet that half of the guys on TS.Com have been to war. We'd go again if we could. Where are the NEW WARRIORS? Who is going to fight this fight? Who is going to stand up to the communists?

If it was 1861, there would be blood in the streets.

Kit

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

rpeerless,

Thank you for your words of reason. Sadly, they grant but little respite.

This cancerous communism is to our country as Eve was to Adam. Once he tasted the fruit, he began to rot from within. We have to kill one cancerous cell at a time until all are gone, and then, and only then will we be able to truly reap the harvest of promise sown long ago by our founders. To appease spells imminent doom. To delay the conflict would be worse. The time to coalesce has come.

I'm too old and too dumb to be a leader, but I'll follow one. God, please send us a leader.

Kit Thomas

7. dalog

dalog Member

Amen Kit

8. zeroed4x

zeroed4x TS Member

Kit, thanks for sharing this with us.
    Thank you for thoroughly lighting my fuse with this.

Its time to give Washington an Enema.
    Its time for each and every one of you to stand strongly together bound by the strength of our convictions as brother sportsmen with honor and loyalty to the truth. You know what must be done. We must vote this despicable tyranny out of our lives. I would call this, a call to all true Americans, a call to Patriots.
    Each and everyone of us. VOTE, you must VOTE.

Your choices are Vote, Civil Unrest and Violence or do nothing and let this escalate all by itself. The time for apathy is OVER.
    If you refuse to get off your a$$es and vote, you do not deserve to be a brother of ours. You do not deserve our companionship, friendship or respect from any of us. You will have failed us and yourself and dishonored everything we love.
    You must VOTE. Everyone.

9. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Ever since I was a kid, these following words have touched my soul...

Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms. Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

-Patrick Henry

and these...

"he hath loosed the fateful lightening of his terrible swift sword;
    his truth is marching on."

-Julia Ward Howe

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

What subsidies do unions receive?

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Guess it depends on the camera angle. Here are pics of the two rallys (Beck's and the so-called "One Nation"), but C-Span chose a more or less ground level shot to make the commies (they called them liberals) look better.
    stokinpls_2008_030323.jpg

stokinpls_2008_030324.jpg

12. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Likes-to-shoot,

In an earlier post on this thread, I cited an article about unions on the Heritage.Org website. PLEASE read it in its enirety. It will clearly outline the relationship between YOUR tax dollars and unions around the country. Pay special attention to how forced union dues are used to influence political outcomes. Like I said earlier, "our profits are their paychecks." They are gutting us and letting our blood run out on the ground. It has to stop!!!.

Kit

13. likes-to-shoot

I live in a right to work state so there are no FORCED union dues, and if you were really informed you would know that unions are required to ask if you want any of your dues to go to the political fund which I haven't paid any monies into for over 20 years.

We are all entitled to our own opinions and with mine being pro-union I still think you have the right to dislike them. But you don't see me or many other union members on this site call for the radical brow beating many of you force on us. Maybe that is just a show of character on our part but then maybe its you people thinking no one is entitled to any rights other than yourselves.

I still can't see where 7 1/2 % of the non-government workforce can do all the damage you are claiming. Minorities and immigrants who are sympathetic to the illegals have voted more of the Democrats in than anyone else. If that 7 1/2% is truly responsible for your ailments then there is something drastically wrong with the other 92 1/2% who apparently didn't vote!!!!!!

I'm sure we can trade websites all day backing our statements but that would be a waste of time because neither of us would believe the other.

Bill

P.S. "Our profits are their paychecks". Isn't that also true of non-union help?

14. likes-to-shoot

JoeE 1......the union I belong to is self insured and we are also getting a higher tax rate and were just notified that with the new regulations going into effect our rates will climb. But then again there is a great difference between the factory unions and the trades unions.

At the last meeting I was at there were 120 members and you could only find a hand full who would admit to support Obama. What you are stating might be true on both coasts but its not as prevalent here in the Midwest.

15. likes-to-shoot

The AFL/CIO are a bunch who think they are someone important,,,kinda like most Democrats. There have been several of the trades unions who have resigned from the AFL/CIO but I can't tell you if they are still on the outs. I retired in July of 09 and haven't been in the know so to speak as I should be.

Bill

16. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Likes-to-shoot,

Thank you for your participation in this thread. I respect your decision to be a union member.

I was a small businessman for a number of years. I was a hands-on tradesman who founded and operated a millwork manufacturing and general contracting company that traded successfully in a regional market. I understand small business. I really understand the difference between profit and loss.

I don't know how many people were paid to attend the event on Saturday, but based on a person-to-person interview on national radio, I believe beyond any shadow of a doubt, that at least one young man was.

So, where did the $60.00 come from. Well, the kid said he was paid by his union to come to the event. So, where did the union get the money? Well let's just say that the money was in an account set up for the sole purpose of funding political influence. And how was that account funded? Well, it was funded by the dues paid to it by members who were either 1.) forced to contribute through manditory payroll deductions, or 2.) kind enough to agree(unlike yourself) to donate to a political action fund. The pivotal point here, though, is not that some kid got $60.00 to come to D.C. and trash the World War II Memorial with another bunch of trashy kids who openly espoused the overthrow of our Government, but that it opens the window for all to see that there is a FUND and a MOVEMENT that will openly lobby the congress and the president to INCREASE TAXES IN ORDER TO PAY THE HIGHER AND HIGHER PAYROLL CHECKS OF UNION EMPLOYEES. Taxes must be paid before profits can be declared.
    If I have to pay more taxes in order to increase the size of the payroll check of a union employee, that means that my profits will get smaller. Bill, where in the Constitution of the United States does it say that I have to pay your wages? Why should my profits be erased because the union mentality in this country has made some people believe they are more worthy of the American dream than I am?

Let me repeat! As we communicate here tonight, unions, be they governmental(AFSCME) or private sector (AFL-CIO), are actively raising money through any available means to fund lobbying efforts designed to make all of us pay higher taxes, and that those proceeds will be used to grow government and the influence of government employees to the point where the private sector will exist only to FUND BIG BROTHER. Bill, The America I Know wasn't built that way.
    The 7.5% union membership you referred to might sound inconsequential, BUT any good small business man will tell you that a 3% year is outstanding. The point is this, Obama has successfully awakened the sleeping giant and the day will come when he'll hit the ground like a 100 lb. sack of potatoes. It looks to me like the unions are almost deliberately painting a bullseye on their own backs. I might sound like a Bible puncher now, but we must all remember that America is the Land of The Free, and The Home of The Brave. There is a limit to everything.

Respectfully, Kit Thomas

17. likes-to-shoot

Kit......I appreciate civilized comments such as yours, Thank you. You do bring up good points some of which I also agree with. I also realize that there are companies where unions just aren't feasible. But I think we both agree that as a country we are headed in the wrong direction. We might be on different sides of the street (so to speak) but I think we both agree that under the Democratic party's leadership we will doomed to a life of 3rd world standards.

On the news tonite it was reported that Obama's henchmen are targeting minorities, Hispanics and young voters again for Novembers election. Hopefully they will stay with the trend and only vote during presidential years and we can regain control in Congress and the Senate.

Bill

18. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Bill,

Thank you very much for the reply. I am proud to be in the company of an American like you.

Respectfully, Kit Thomas

19. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Likes-to-shoot---I also aplaud your last statement---You are entitled to your opi and It is nice that you can see both sides---George@SJB---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.