1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

6-Year-Old Suspended For Making Gun With Hand

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Michigan 6-Year-Old Suspended From School for Making Gun With Hand

A Michigan boy reportedly has been suspended from school for curling his hand into the shape of a gun and pointing it at another student.

Erin Jammer, said her son, Mason, was just playing around when he made the gesture Wednesday, the Grand Rapids Press reported.

But officials at Jefferson Elementary School said the behavior made other students uncomfortable, and they suspended Mason for the remainder of the week, the paper reported.

School officials also told the paper that Mason had been warned repeatedly against pretending to aim his hand at students but continued the behavior over several months.

Jammer told the paper her son isn't violent and doesn’t have toy guns at home. She suggested a less harsh punishment, like taking Mason’s recess away, might be more effective in teaching him not to make a gun with his hand.

"He's only six and he doesn't understand any of this," she said.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Can we say over reacting on the schools part?

Eric

3. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

Don't point that finger at anything you're not willing to destroy............

Shoot safe, John

4. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

Did his finger pattern better with 7 1/2 shot or 8 shot?

5. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

OF COURSE the other children were "uncomfortable" with him,,,,THEY TEACH THAT IN SCHOOL!!!!! What the hell are the Texas Tech kids going to do when they CAN'T "Get Your Guns Up"????

It's crap like this that shows exactly WHY our country is in the shape it is in,,,,We've lost the ability of deductive REASONing....

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Sounds like a violation of his constitutional right to freedom of expression. HMB

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Gun Hate.

Gun Ignorance.

Zero Tolerance = Zero Brains.

Welcome to the New America. And people wonder why the flag I fly has 13 stars.

-Gary

9. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

In some schools ANY act or gesture of violence is an expellable offence. That means making your hand into a karate chop or the old finger slice across the throat. My question is, " How do you teach history without showing/talking about the violence?" Someday Hitler will be depicted as being a silly misguided boy. Jim

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I was hoping my 3 year old would be be ready for a complete dismantling and re-assembly of an AR-15 for "show and tell". Where does anyone suggest I send him to school.

The 2nd word out my youngun's mouth was "GUN"!!

11. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Clearly...this is a call for "Finger Registration" !!........at least a background check on this boy is in order !!!...........Uncle Sam,Pa.

12. claykiller

claykiller Member

Hell that's nothing, we have shooters at our club with no muzzle discipline and point their real guns at people all the time.

13. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Is he on the no fly list? HMB

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Uncle Sam is onto something. All the highest crime rates are from countries where people have fingers! Imagine how hard it would be to shoot someone or steal something if you didn't have fingers. Fingers are clearly the root of all evil!

I've had a pretty good long-term relationship with mine, though.

-Gary

15. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

I am wondering if the police got this kid to talk before Eric Holder got him lawyered up?

16. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Kid should have said he was imatating a water sprayer on the end of the gardenhose. What could they say then? Jim

17. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

School is pissed off cause he wouln't take his computer home so the could watch him in his room.
    When I was in school if a teacher told you not to do something and you defied the order the is was you ass warmed up the hard way. When dad got home and if the teacher called to let him know what happened then my ass was fried.

Kept me from taking the wrong road later in life. I new their was consiquences.

I'm sorry that was in the past.Consiquences don't exsists anymore.

18. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Movie.. "The Idol Maker" When the guy was singing "Sweet little lover" on stage.. he used the same jesture enderingly..pointing to girls off stage.. Meaning to say.. as boys say to girls.. I want you.. I'm looking at you..I'm singing to YOU... I think what we have here is a gross misunderstanding of what the boy was doing.. Unless he's watching NFL football.. and they pulled that stunt in the endzone after a touchdown.. I forget the name of the movie.. when the NFL went on strike..and old players got a 2nd chance to win the big one.. Either way.. I see a huge failure to communicate..

19. Franktri

Franktri Member

Zero tolerance is such an overreaction! My grandson (6 years old)did something similar. He was talking to his friend and he said "I'll kill you " and was suspended. I guess to err on the side of caution is ok but I think things are getting out of hand!!

20. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Need to confiscate that finger immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.