1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

6-star crimp Gun Clubs???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by EDGARMCM, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

RMG,

For What it's worth.

You may want to cut open one of those 6-star crimp hulls. There was a thread on here some time ago about those hulls. It seems that Remington is importing Gun Clubs and those may be a different straight sided hull and not the compression formed hull like the STS and previous Gun Clubs. I have not seen them yet.

Someone on here in the past said that Remington had lost a bunch of money on the original Gun Clubs.

2. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Gun Club shells are now being made by UMC. Its a cheapo throw-a-way cheddite type hull. So I would not use your gunclub loading data until you make 100% sure you know what you are dealing with.

Good Luck

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

The new Gun Clubs are Rios in disguise and are manufactured in Spain. They have a 6 point crimp and a separate plastic base wad. The shell itself is flimsy although they shoot just fine.

I would shoot them and let them fly although I suppose they are reloadable to a degree although nothing like the Remington manufactured Gun Clubs. I don't have a clue which reloading data to use.

BTW the same thing applies to the new UMCs.

Smash Em,

Jerry

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Spring please hurry up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been reloading ALL Remingtons the same since Mooby Dick was a sardine.

My P/W 900 will spit out any Remington hull you feed it and they look great.

Pick them up and load them.

Jerbear

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

I think you might have a very early Gun Club hull. Been wrong before but I think the first Gun Clubs and the Remington black hull game loads were 6 point crimp. Their popularity really soared when they became 8 point crimp and the new style AA did not set well with reloaders. If Rio is making the new Gun Clubs I will not be buying them any longer.

6. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Hey Randy
    There is indeed a 6 star and a 8 star gun club hull. There's also 6 and 8 star black Remington game load hull. They load the same and just change the crimp starter. I know for sure, because I've loaded 2 flats in the last 2 nights of each. I just seperate them to get a cleaner closer. Randy you can reach me at the above address if you would like to talk more, David. Just drop the 00's.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The real REMMY hulls are green or black and are compression formed. The UMC (RIO) hulls I have seen are blue and have stars headstamped on the case head. The real remmy's have remington on the case head. The six point remmy will load just like the eights, just change crimp starters. Since these hulls are generally free, why not load them several times and toss them?

The Rio hulls load well for several loads with the right primers. I have vowed to not buy any more hulls.

8. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

RMG ,

Let me confound you a bit more --- if you haven't already stmbled on to the truth .

Some crimp starter/press designs will "handle" a 6 point case w/o changing the crimp starter from 8 to 6 . Check yours; you may be pleasantly surprised . I was .

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

6 crimp remington sts