1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

6 months 5 days Spears Release

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1ozreloader, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1ozreloader

1ozreloader TS Member

April 22nd 2011my receiver arrived at Spears Gun Shop for a release trigger. As of today nothing. Have sent letters, e mails and tried to call. All to no avail. I understand that Sub Tek is taking a lot of his tme and effort, I wish him nothing but the best in all his ventures. His release in my on gun is fantastic. My averages are up, I have no complaints as to the quality of his product. However, I think anyone here understands it would be nice to get my gun back. Any ideas?

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

WOW, go visit maybe? JAke

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

That's not good.

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

A Registered Letter Explaining The time frame And Your request For The return Of You Gun. Get The Gun Back And Send It To Dean Harris @ Skeet's Gun Shop In Tahlaquah, Oklahoma.GREAT Release triggers And Workmanship Is AAA. Joe W.

5. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Bill,

I went through this same thing with Darrell this year. The last one (with emphasis on "last") took the better part of the year with not much more than empty promises from him. I won't send him anymore work nor will I recommend him either because of this.

I finally found out the real story there. If you send me a PM I will share it.

Jon Reitz

6. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

I thought that this thread was about Brittneys jail time.................

7. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

This is a bit different situation, but a friend delivered a nice old 1935 Harley to a shop for a complete restoration. He was told VERBALLY, the work would be somewhere around $11,000

He had other bikes done by this tech, and trusted him, but he wanted it ready for a classic bike show in a few months. The tech said he would try but not to rush him if he wanted quality work at a fair price. My friend agreed.

During this time, his wife decided he should sell this bike to buy her something, and she started putting pressure on my bud.

He started putting pressure on the tech, and finally his wife(can you say B*#@H)called a TV station investigative reporter, and gave them a bunch of false information.

The reporter went to the shop, jumped the tech with the false info., and aired it on the 6:00 news.

My friend retained a lawyer, and they went to court.

The tech won but the Judge made the tech fix the bike, but since no dollar amount was ever written down, he charged my friend close to $28,000 for the restoration, based on time and materials that he had kept documented.

Now my friend has about $50,000 in a 1935 HD that on a good day, is worth about $30,000, and just setting in a dusty old garage.

Lots of lessons to be learned from this one, but this story could compare to some on here about guns!

Danny

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Been a year now, but I sent a receiver to Darrel on a Monday and got it back the next Monday. No complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.