1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

6.8 Remington Contender

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tj303, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tj303

tj303 Member

Anybody have experience (good or bad) with 6.8 Rem in a TC Contender pistol?

2. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

If you reload I like the 7TCU but my all time favorite single shot pistol cartridge is the 7mmIHMSA which is based on the old 300 Savage, incredibly accurate and has some punch. I don't want to start a flame war but in my Wichita very very few rifles could shoot with it.

3. Smithy47

Smithy47 Active Member

ccw1911, I also have a Wichita in 7mm IHMSA. It is the most accurate bolt action pistol I have every owned, and I have owned many pistols. I have a 200 yard target that has a 2" group and nobody believes I shot it with a pistol. It does pack a punch, on both ends. I had to put a muzzle brake on it to tame it down.

I can't help with the 6.8 rem but I have reloaded the 7 TCU for my contender and it is a great round and it does not have much recoil.

The 30-30 contender, 14" barrel with a muzzle brake also is a good one for long distance shooting.

Bob

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The 6.8 is the little engine that could!

It is well behaved in a handgun, and with precision loading techniques, can group with the big boys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.