1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser Ammo

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by deercreek, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deercreek

deercreek Active Member

0   0   0

I came across some 6.5 X 55 Swedish Mauser rifle ammo. It is all brass cased and good to excellent condition. I believe there is three different brands and a total of 14 boxes. I have not yet figured a price because I am unfamiliar with this caliber as far as demand and availability. I am not looking to get rich, I have no need for this ammo and would rather somebody on this site get them for a fair price, as I have dealt with many great people here and my selling reputation is excellent--feel free to do a search on that subject. If you are interested, we need to discuss pricing and a deal. Basically the first one or two that PM me and don't try to steal it or jerk me around will probably get a great deal, in the mean time, I will be doing a little research on this ammo and current pricing. Bryan
  2. SBray

SBray Member

0   0   0

Bryan,

I used to have a 6.5 rifle. They are very accurate and fun to shoot. If I recall correctly, there is still military surplus ammo available and a couple of manufacturers that sell it, boxed and in bulk quantities. I thought a good deal was around $15 a box of 20. If you can find a local buyer, you could probably get that, or more. Shipping costs is what is the problem.(edited)

JMHO,

Steve
  3. deercreek

deercreek Active Member

0   0   0

C.E., the US Mail does not allow ammo. Is there something else I should be aware of? There are 1000's of boxes of ammo shipped thru the US on a daily basis. ?????????????
  4. Maxey Brantley

Maxey Brantley Member

0   0   0

deercreek - if any of it is Norma ammo, I might be interested.
    V/r
    Maxey Brantley
  5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

deercreek,

It can be sent to anybody wishing to purchase your ammo by Fed Ex or UPS with proper ORD labels without any problems. However, I didn't see where you had even mentioned the mail to start with. Oh well..........
  6. deercreek

deercreek Active Member

0   0   0

Here's the rundown. 2 boxes of PMC 144 FMJ..........8 boxes of CBC - states made in Brazil 143 FMJ.........4 boxes of Hansen - states made in Yugoslavia 3 of these in the Hansen are 139 FMJ and 1 box is 139 SP. All are brass cased and all state non-corrosive. I am answering PM in orded received. Did everybody sit down at the computer today in the last two hours ???
  7. skeet_man

skeet_man Active Member

0   0   0

CE- He's not talking about "mailing" (USPS) anything. Ammo can easily be shipped UPS or Fedex with VERY little restrictions (you need an ORM-D sticker and it has to be shipped with an adult signature, thats IT). Oh, and each package can't exceed 66lb, but i doubt his handful of 20 rd boxes will come close HAHA

BTW, I have 4 flats of Win AA 28ga inbound Fedex shipped from Brownells, they'll be here Tuesday. My dad has another 5 flats on order, they'll probably be here by the end of the week.
  8. grntitan

0   0   0

C.E.,

You should really stop while you are ahead. Everytime you speak on this subject you prove just how little you know of it. Ammuntion/ordnance is perfectly legal to ship given the right carrier and lables(ORM-D). I receive ammuntion/ordnance via UPS quite often. It is NOT is not illegal.
  9. grntitan

0   0   0

Try again C.E.

You DO NOT have to pay or label HAZMAT on loaded ammunition. Only Ammunition components(i.e primers, powder) shipped seperately require HAZMAT. As I said, quit while you are behind. You are giving out false information on this man's "For Sale" thread.
  10. skeet_man

skeet_man Active Member

0   0   0

CE- If you are so convinced, please cite your source of information that we can all learn from.
  11. deercreek

deercreek Active Member

0   0   0

I suppose now that I know the TRUTH, I should call the Feds and snitch out our delivery guy that comes to the shop. He is likely responsible for delivering around 75K, in LOADED AMMO in the last year. This must be a major felony and probably could get him the death penalty.
  12. skeet_man

skeet_man Active Member

0   0   0

Mailman=USPS=Post office. We've already conceded the fact that you can't ship ammo via USPS. There is no issue shipping ammo Fedex or UPS, which are not "mail" and which is not delivered by a "mailman".
  13. grntitan

0   0   0

C.E.

You are completely and utterly clueless on what you are speaking about. I don't know if you actually believe the BS you are saying or you just have too much pride to admit you are wrong. The fact is, you are wrong.
  14. psfive

psfive Member

0   0   0

So after all this. Where is it? Is it still available? And the final question. How much do you want for it? Paul in GINebraska.
  15. deercreek

deercreek Active Member

0   0   0

Many PM's have been answered but apparently most want premium type hunting ammo. Still available, priced low at 9.00 per box plus actual UPS ground shipping and insurance.
  16. wolfram

wolfram Active Member

0   0   0

I would be willing to fire all the ammo listed through a vintage Swedish Mauser. Damm fine rifles built to last and the ammo never has been what you would call 'high pressure'. Like other posters have indicated, the 6.5x55 is one of the best rounds every designed - just never caught on in the US due to the existence of other great rounds rounds like the .270 Win.

No crime in shipping loaded ammo, I do it frequently and have ammo shipped to my house from a variety of distributors.
  17. SBray

SBray Member

0   0   0

That's a great price for 6.5x55 ammo. Chuckhawks.com gives a very good review of the caliber for hunting purposes, at this site:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/sensible_cartridges.htm

Steve
  18. wva

wva Member

0   0   0

I will take it, send info
    Steve
  19. deercreek

deercreek Active Member

0   0   0

Sold to Dan A., pending finalization of the deal. wva-will let you know if it falls through.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.