1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

6.5 JUST OUTSIDE MY DOOR !!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BrowningGal, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Where? I could assume CA or somewhere west, but I hate to assume. You know what they say about that... :)

2. Doorknee

Doorknee TS Member

Browning---- Yes in So. Cal.
    I'm in Whittier about 13 miles from epicenter and was very strong shake!!
    Glass and ceramic figurines fell in our house with some breakage but nothing major.
    I was sitting talking to a friend in Bullhead City, Az.on computer and gave him a live description as the quake was happening. My orginal guess on magnitude was 6.5 which was too high, actual was 5.4.
    I could actually see the walls in our house moving!! Lasted about 15 -20 seconds but seemed longer! Like an E ride at Disney!!!!
    Don

3. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Epicenter was about 3 miles from Prado Olympic Shooting Park in Chino Hills.

I wads loading some shells for this weekend in the garage...first jolt felt like some ran into the side of the house, then shook for about 20 seconds.

I am about 25 miles fron the epicenter, no damage here.

4. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Does it occur to anyone else that little trinkie things sitting on shelves are probably not a good idea in the L.A. Basin?

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.