1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

5th Wheel Owners...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by K-EIGHTY, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Have any of you 5th Wheel owners ever cracked your head on the pin-box of your 5th wheel, or know of anyone who has been injured because of running into it? If so, what do you think of this product... www.SafetyCoveringSystems.com

Cheers,

K-EIGHTY
  2. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

nothing there
  3. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Click on the "Click Here To Watch Video."
  4. thebirdislost

thebirdislost TS Member

Great idea.....But it doesn't say how much and how to order. How much will determine if it is feasible or not.
  5. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

LostBird,

Thanks for the feedback. It costs too much (to make) to be viable as a direct to the consumer product. If people are really getting hurt (which is the million dollar question), it should be provided by the 5th wheel manufacturers just as seat-belts and air-bags are in cars.

K-EIGHTY
  6. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I have never cracked my head on mine. I just don't get high and go under there.

GneJ
  7. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

8. tincanman

tincanman Member

Good idea. I've warned my daughter and niece not to run around the trailer. I've come close myself to hitting my head cutting between parked car and walking under.

I see a lot of people buy a king pin stabilizer tripod that supposedly stabilizes the trailer and makes that area a no fly zone. You won't hit your head, you'll just trip on one of the legs of the tripod!
  9. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Tincanman,

Yes, a tripod stabilizer does prevent accidental contact with the hard edge of the pin-box, but as you stated they are a tripping hazard and take more time to install than this cover. Thanks for the feedback.

K-EIGHTY
  10. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack TS Member

Pool noodles, just like you use on the slides… Why would have a web site, trying to sell a product and not put the price… Reminds me of this site, SELLING MY SHOTGUN, but no price…. Grubby
  11. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

No but I have scars on my shins from trailer hitches!
  12. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Grubby,

They aren't for sale (yet). They're trying to determine if there's a market before investing a lot of money for production. Thanks for the feedback.

K-EIGHTY
  13. gotbass

gotbass Member

market demand is largely determined by price.
  14. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Gotbass,

I'm only trying to determine if there are people (in numbers) sustaining real injuries. If so, there is a market for it. If not, there isn't. Thanks for your input.

K-EIGHTY
  15. ljutic73

ljutic73 Active Member

YES!...contact...followed by swearing and blood...dear wife had offered to put padding on the corners but I said "no, not needed"...famous last words...smart woman, that wife O' mine...
  16. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

17. K-EIGHTY

K-EIGHTY Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.