1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

5th Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by otnot, Jun 19, 2013.

1. otnot

otnot Active Member

Well the Supreme Court is at it again. Now your silence is incriminating.

In a 5-4 decision regarding Salinas v. Texas, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that a potential defendant’s silence can be used against them during police interviews prior to arrest and reading of Miranda rights.

DNA swabs. Now not saying anything can be used against you is and admission of guilt? Wake up America the Fascist are taking over.

2. cnjranch

cnjranch Member

Should read the complete decision and findings to understand the point they have made.

James

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I have read it and their point is Orwellian male bovine fecal matter.

Rights are inherent. The individual alone has the inalienable right to waive them or not. The individual should never have to make a request of the government to use inalienable rights.

4. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

It appeared to me that the key point in that case was that Mr. Salinas surrendered certain rights when he VOLUNTARILY went to the police station to be interviewed. Unfortunately, not ALL law enforcement officers are "good guys" with pure motives to "serve and protect" the public. You don't VOLUNTEER anything. you keep your mouth shut. Ask the officer(politely): "Am I under arrest ? If so,Please tell me the charge, if not, I'd like to be on my way". Search my car...?? Get a warrant. Come down to the police station ?? Arrest me if you can, this field interview is over.
    OR...have the fascists so totally taken over that none of the above applies any longer ??

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does this take the place of waterboarding?

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    But but but we must give the police the tools they need to do their job.

I wonder if they'll want their rubber hoses back?