1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

572 remington with simmons rib?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by PJ MX8, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PJ MX8

PJ MX8 TS Member

Has anyone had a 572 with a smoothbore and simmons rib with real short poost?Just would like to know if the factory had these made,it has notch cut out of the reciever for the vent rib,looks factory. Inside barrel on muzzel end is .375.Thanks for any help,Paul

2. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Ray Stafford has one. We used to hunt grasshoppers in the Spring with it at the old Mile High Gun Club many years ago. Jimmy Borum

3. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Simmons had a table at the last Tulsa gun show. I asked them about placing ribs on Remington 572s and Winchester model 61 smooth bores. Back when this was popular they had different blueing tanks for each manufacture. Not sure if it's a factory option although they still do it. Price for the job is about $350.00.

I have four 572 smooth bores in different variations with three of them unfired in the box. And still looking for a ventilated rib model.

Two of the early ones i have are roll stamped on the left side of the receiver [Auto trap shoot] and stamped USAF. The military must of used these guns for training. Both these guns are unfired in the box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.