1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

50th Anniversary Topperwein Trapshoot (SAGC)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Hessong* (MH*), May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Just wanted to say how much fun the 50th Anniversary Topperwein Trapshoot at the San Antonio Gun Club was, this past Saturday and Sunday. 200 singles on Saturday and 100 Doubles, followed by 100 Handicap (with $1400 Added money, donated by the family of the late Dr. John Huff). John was a local San Antonio ATA trapshooter as well as a great wing shot and flyer shooter. The family donated the added money to the winners of Sundays final Handicap event.

I got "lucky" enough to win long-yardage champion with a 95 from the 25-yard line. One target away from the Event Champion's score of 96. I also kind of amazed myself with shooting my career high Doubles score of 96! Never had anything higher than a 91 before. I'm a "C"-class shooter with a 83% average, but yesterday must have "been my day" !!! 2nd overall score to 2 shooters who had fine 98's. Hank Shaper beat Mike Hampton Sr. in the shoot-off for high doubles.

P.D. Parker put on a great shoot, he had a little problem with one of the program traps at the start of the singles match on Saturday, but got it all fixed within a few squads. 70 shooters signed up for this shoot (maximum amount allowed to shoot, because the club is on a pretty strict time schedule, being it is located in almost the middle of San Antonio). The club is one of the oldest "continually" run gun clubs in the country, and probably one of the last ones situated this close to middle of a large metropolitan city !!!

HAA (High All-Around) was won by former USA shooter Terry Howard, in a shoot-off over Chuck McCord and Jack Foreman with 373 out of 400. My "not-so-impressive" singles score put me out of the running for this title by only 3 targets ! Oh well, we all know how important every target is. Just wanted to say a big "Thanks You" to P.D. Parker (club manager), SAGC and the Dr. John Huff family for hosting a fine shooting event in San Antonio, Texas. Way to go folks.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Victoria, Texas

2. red hammer

red hammer Member

You are the best and a great friend good shooting mike. And keep up the good work My eye is coming around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.