1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

500 Yard Shooting Rem 260

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by AEST BOSS, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Sounds very good. My buddy loads Berger 260 Remy for me and they shoot great. No idea what powder or primer. Makes a living accurizing. See link. I'm shooting a Bartlein "gain twist" custom barrel on Winchester Model 70 action and Manners stock. ZERO recoil and a ton of fun to shoot. A tad under powered for Texas Whitetail IMHO.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Match shooters use the 6.5 calibers for the best bullet BC's.

I think a 260 might come to my house to visit. If not I would fancy a 6.5 Creedmore, one of the latest 6.5 oferings.

HM

3. Snidely54

Snidely54 Member

Swede's knew this 100+yrs ago.

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Marksmanship doesn't start at 600 yards.

Marksmanship starts when the distances aren't laid out and measured.

I love match shooting also, and Perry is the closest thing I have left to Nirvana since the Grand left Vandalia...but I don't delude myself about what it really is. They're all tests of marksmanship of one sort or another; but your average 3D archery shoot involves more true "marksmanship" than Perry-style match shooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.