1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

50 target match, students vs. teachers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Yesterday, I went to a couple area gun clubs and ran into my son in law and his brother in law. They started reminiscing about years ago when my friend and I introduced both of them into trap shooting.

They both laughed when I mentioned how they at first thought they knew more about the sport than us. When they wouldn't listen my friend would get fed up and he'd started calling them the "cement heads".

They recalled how they both wished that they could someday break targets like we did years ago. Many of years have now gone by, and they watched me break a score of 20 yesterday, and asked me how come I can't shoot like I once did? I told them all the years of riding hard and being put away wet has caught up with me.

Now the two young bucks said they would like to chalenge my friend and I to a 50 target 16 yard match, $100.00 per man, winners take all. I said if you two are so sure of yourselves that you will win, lets add 50 targets from any handicap distance that my friend and I choose. They said let's do it. They laughed and said that my friend and I have as much chance at our age to beat them as a one legged man in an a-- kicking contest. All I did was smile, and said you may be right?

Yes, they have become fairly proficent at 16 yard shooting, but neither has ever shot more than a few targets from any handicap distance. I told them I would get back to them after speaking to my friend.

As we said our goodbyes, they said they kind of feel bad that they might be taking advantage of two old guys. Maybe just maybe, we can pull out a win especially from shooting from 27 yards??

Steve

2. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Good Luck Steve.
    We had a youngster shoot league for a while and at the time in case of tie Team Capt. Shot off for the penalty yardage, the night in Question the young man was tied with the team my Dad was the capt of and advancing a little in age,in a freindly manner he was talking trash, about spanking the old man and so on.
    Needless to say he talked himself into missing a few more then he talked the oldman into missing.

Enjoy the fun, and take the cash.

3. senior smoke

4EVRYOUNG:
    My friend and I are hearing a lot of trash talk from my son in law and his brother in law. It's funny, but they can'y possibly be serious that they think they will win?

They will probably beat us stay close in the 16 yard event, but them never shoting from the 27 before will most likely do them in.

I already received a call from my daughter and she said when we win could she have the money? I said of course.
    Steve

4. senior smoke

son in law, 16 yd, 24, 23= 47, 27 yard handicap= 14, 15=29 t=76

his brother in law, 25, 24=49, 27 yard handicap= 18, 20=38 t=87
    Total= 163

My shooting partner= 24, 24,=48 27 yard handicap= 22, 21=43 t=91

me= 20, 21=41, 27 yard handicap= 17,18=35 T=76

total= 167

We won, and we took the younsters out for dinner. They thought we cheated as they said we had an advantage shooting handicap in the past. My friend said you knew thaT GOING IN, YOU STILL DECIDED TO BET. i GAVE THE BALANCE OF THE MONEY TO MY DAUGHTER TO BY SOMETHING FOR MY GRANDKIDS. It was fun.
    Steve

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Lol......good read:)

6. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Good Job Steve,
    Keep posting I always make time to read your stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.