1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

50 TARGET ATA EVENTS, WAIVE OF THE FUTURE?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    with the increased cost of shooting are 50 target ATA registerd events or 50 target non registered events the waive of the future? i would be the first to admit that i love shooting 100 target ata events, but with the increase cost in all areas of shooting maybe the 50 target event looks attractive. with a 150 ATA target program you could shoot all 3 events. it's quicker, cheaper, what do you think?
    steve balistreri

2. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

ummmm, I don't really think so Steve, I wouldn't want to do that. I would personally just shoot fewer 300 target events.

3. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

Steve,

I was wondering this same thing. I think there are too many traditionalists out there that this won't fly on a wholesale basis. But there are also ALOT of league shooters out there that don't shoot ATA targets because of the reasons you mention. It might draw more shooters to the ATA.

I know I enjoy shooting the NR 50/50/50 events. However, I wouldn't drive 2 hours to shoot that program.

I predict we'll see some clubs experiment with it some time in the future. It might not be this summer though. Maybe they'll offer 2 events of each discipline for those that want to shoot 100 of each.

Only time will tell.

4. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Actually part of me hopes so. Bring on the game on a 50 bird event. Bring the standards back to 3-hole. You might have a game most will want to play and afford. It will bring a few more people into shoof-offs for more fun. It will also help those with A.d.d. May even help a few hone shoot off skills. And you may make it home for dinner shooting all three events.

GS

5. WWB

WWB Member

With the current prices of Everything, and a current age of 68, 50 bird events do sound attractive.....
    Bill

6. chuckles

chuckles Member

Cheesey...

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why don't you just stay home and mail in your scores.

Don

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

One of the favorite programs in PA back in the 70's was 100 Singles, 50 Handicap and 25 Prs. of Doubles. Shoots were well attended!!

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Personally, I would not be in favor of 50 target events but it just might be the way to get a bunch of people back shooting that have withdrawn for economic reasons, at least for a little while until everything catches up again ... The problem is travel is no cheaper, accomidations remain the same and the only thing that is reduced is the amount of money the clubs can make on a shoot because even the trophys would remain the same ... If 50 target events ever do become reality there would have to be a lot of adjusting to make it happen and we all know thats never going to happen ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

senior smoke, look at the thread "100 BD CALCUTTA SUN APR 6 MOREHEAD KY" where a club appears to be promoting non-registered events using "club yardage" in some cases. I must be missing something as it would appear they are loosing a chance to register targets towards target requirements at state shoots, etc.

Surely the daily fee to register the whole days events is not the reason for this.

11. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

The word Calcutta, equates to Money Shoot. Will pull the money shooters their way.

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

I can think of a one day program with a 50 bird event that would interest me. That would be 100 singles, 50 handicap and 300 doubles. There could be 2-3 other shooters somewhere who would like this one day program.

Pat Ireland

13. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The California Golden Bears used to (and my still) have a 150 bird shoot:
    50 singles 50 handicap 50 doubles. I'd like to see that. It seems everybody is investing in combo's, but I'll bet most of them don't shoot doubles because it means staying around to the end of the day at most shoots.

14. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

How about 1 target events? Box of shells could last the whole year.

15. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Shooting less targets means your cost per target will be substantially more money.

16. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I am with Mr Ireland!!

17. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Pat,
    More singles , 200 would be great and 200 doubles. Then we can say we thought about handicap and call it a day.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.