1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

50 straight with an offbeat squad - P1 & 2

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Steve W, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I like to share a story it's funny how things worked.

Sunday morning I was running late to the range, knowing there's a lunch party I have to rush in right after shooting, I only have two boxes of shell in my bag. A friend on the cell phone signed me in before I got there. I walked directly to the line after I got my gun out of the case and shells in my vest.

There're two slow shooters in the squad, one would took at least 10 seconds, and the other 15 seconds to call the birds. One would also forgot to put safety off every few shots.

Then there's another shooter had 5 or 6 misfire in his first box of ammo.

The wind was blowing 10~15 mph from 2 O'clock direction.

I had 3 or 4 "No-Bird" when I call the target in my first round, 2 or 3 in the second round. Talking about smooth shooting.

Didn't had time to wait for other "normal" shooters, so my second round was with the same people.

I ran two consecutive 25s with this offbeat squad. Seems all those annoying factors didn't matter. At least for last Sunday. :)

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

You probably shot at a pace that you where comfortable with as far as when it was your turn. I think sometimes I rush myself, just to keep pace, if I am shooting on a squad that is moving very quickly. I used to shoot league with a squad that was similar to yours. I had a 24.41 average there. I now shoot with very fast shooters. I am talking just slow enough for the trap to reload, and sometimes the next call comes before that, requiring another quick call. My average for the years since that slow squad is 23.30.

3. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

Or you simply were focused on everything else but yourself.

Brady

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Just a follow up from last Sunday,

Today, I was late at the range again, knowing I have to be home to drive my daughter and wife to a Mother's day event, I was rushing again. But I have to try a gun I've never fired before.

This time, I got in to a squad made of awfully fast shooters, everyone except me closed their guns two stands before. We all called our birds 1 second after we mount the gun. I barely managed to catch my ejected shell, throw it into the boxes next to the stand, load my chamber, lift my head, and it's my turn to shoot again.

Well, everything went well enough in a fast pace, except I miss one bird out of 50.

Does this mean I shoot a little better with offbeat squads? LOL.

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Don't blame it on the squad!

You simply had a brain fart!

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Shoot at you own pace. If your paying for the game and the shells, don't let other shooters intimidate you into shooting at their pace (fast or slow). All that will do is distract you from your game. Ignore everything around you. Put yourself in the Zone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.