1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

50 shoots, 50 States in 52 weeks

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crickets, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crickets

Crickets Member

I Drive about 1000 miles a week with my job, soooo I have lots of time to think. Anyway, yesterday I was wondering:

Has Anyone done a 50 State ATA tour. Shooting 1 Min. 300 target event in each state in 52 weeks.

If Not I know what I'm gonna do when the tax deductions graduate from college!

To make it more interesting lets add Guam and Puerto Rico and make it 52 Shoots, 52 States and Territories in 52 weeks.

Might be a challenge to schedule, but its fun to think about.

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

I used to fly over 100k miles a year and hated it. Your "dream" sounds awful. But we are all different. Different strokes for different folks.

Don Verna

3. C23D

C23D TS Member

I fly 150k a year, drive another 30-50k, and spend more time in hotel beds then my own. I'm with Don, count me out. Good luck.

4. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I don't think you can do it ???????????????????

5. Capt_ed

Capt_ed Member

SOunds like a great way to get to the "Back of the bus" if your not already there. In 3 more years I would make that tour.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Let us know how it works out ... Make sure you take some pictures for us to all check out ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I shot with a fellow in AK in 2009 that had that quest. He wanted to shoot all the states. I do not think he was attempting to do it all in one year tho. He was a good shooter that shot a Seitz. He dragged his wife around with him to the shoots. Nice guy.

Obviously, I forget his name.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

While it sounds fun, i'll never do it. I'm a truck driver by trade. My usual is/was 2200 miles/week(6 days) and home every night. The last thing i want to do when i'm off work is drive anywhere. Thats why most all of my registered targets happen within 50 miles of my house.

9. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

You will need to add a few more States to the equation ... according to our dear leader ( Obama ) ... we have 57 States ... so make your plans accordingly

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

You'd have to shoot a different gun in each state to make it interesting.

11. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Coinciding dates. You'll have to drive hard or by a Leer.

12. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Sounds like it would be fun, but I could see how it would be very draining after a few months. I would think the extra added hard part is making the ATA shoot and shoot all 3 events every weekend, and not just shoot at a any club in a state that would be much easier for you to attend. Break-em all. JEff

13. Crickets

Crickets Member

like i said fun to to THINK ABOUT. I think it would be a challenge of a life time. Kind of like climbing the worlds 10 tallest peaks in a year. At this point its more of a mental exercise to figure in my head everything you would need to make it happen. It makes the 3-4 hour drives go faster. What kind of schedule conflicts would you have? would you start in the midwest then shoot to the south for the winter, how would you squeeze in HI, AK, Guam and Puerto Rico? Would clubs schedule shoots to help you make your goal (if you asked)? what would such an adventure cost assuming you did it in an RV. What kind of sponsorships might you did up? Would I still be Married after a year? Imagine everyone you would meet.

14. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I just want to shoot all 50 in my life and that is hard enough. Alaska 2015 Hawaii 2020.

15. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

There is a guy in Illinois, that has shot all 50 State Shoots. He did this over many years, but I would figure his age in the 50's. Like MIA, I can't remember his name.

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I know a couple guys who have run full marathons (26.2 miles) in all 50 states plus DC, and one of them ran dozens more on top of that.

Now for the intersting part...

The latter guy didn't take up running till he was in his 50s!!!

-Gary

17. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Don't plan on 52 in 52. But am working on all 50 State Shoots

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.