1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***** --- 50% REDUCTION --- *****

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zerafa, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerafa

zerafa TS Member

reducing by how much?

2. Bubba

Bubba Member

Reducing the cost isn't going to bring back the shooters that have been over handicapped by the ATA. For years the ATA has been told that earned yardage has been too easy to get and too hard to get removed, but true to form the ATA has been on side of the 27 yard shooters in this matter.

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Right on Bubba and the chickens are now coming home to roost!!

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

jim, only 'cause the dumber dogs need more training!!

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Best way to increase attendance is to have sporting clays fields and events. Sorry. Jake

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jim- First try to figure out why attendance is down at your specific club. If one or two problems can be identified then they can be addressed. Blaming the ATA is not a way to solve the problem at your club. Shoot attendance is up at many clubs.

Good targets are the first requirement. Reasonable trophies help. An efficiently operated shoot with no empty traps helps a lot. Things like reduced cost and food are not primary factors that will attract shooters. Each club must do its part in attracting new shooters and making them feel welcome. Attending a shoot should be fun. A new shooter who attends your club and sits alone for the day will not have much fun.

Pat Ireland

7. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I believe we are missing the point here. In the last 2 years we have seen increase prices of targets, ammunition, and fuel. With the these cost increases the average working man will have more trouble finding the spare money for this expensive sport.

Charlie

8. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Not to mention the price of a good target shotgun is on the moon.

Where the hell does Kolar get off with 15K + for a combo set?
    Why does Perazzi raise the price by $1K every year?
    How does a KX5 go from $3995 to $5495 in 3 years?

Lead at $30 a bag, shells at $6.50 a box (good ones .. not that Rio crap), need I continue?

A decent Sunday afternoon of registering targets will cost you over $50 .. I hardly see the value. For $50 I can spend the day on one hell of a nice golf course and do more than stand around and watch people shoot until I have my 30 minutes of fun.

In the end .. the cost vs. the entertainment value is what is killing trap shooting in my humble opinion. Combine that with the sandbagging and endless bullshit from grown men crying over a $20 protection shoot ... I'm done.

9. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

All of you have valid points - however oinly we who shoot everyday rcognize the delemma we are facing. The problems are basic, current life style's, cost, anti gun politics, liberalism, education, You are going the way of the tre that falls in the woods and no one hears it. Its not free hot dogs, trophies, money shoots belt buckles or the cost of shot; It's you and your shooting partners, fellow club,and ATA Members.

How many of you took the time in the past 5 years to hand write your represenatives, not a club letter ap ppersonal letter. What you have you caused
    the ATA to do to induce new shooters into the flock, generally one shoots for a whild before joining the ATA ujnless dad or mom belongs. ATA should be the leader here - promoted strongly by you, with ie. TV ads across the nation promoting & showing the young people shooting at the last grand, coming up with school and college directed program's & helping clubs promote the sport.

Close you eyes and what do you see - nothing - the is basically what is happening; You know it and no on is going to do it for us except us. Never mind the Good Ole Boy system, it'll sink our ship. The ATYA must be the catgalyst of modern thinking, promotion and legislation, for those who defend the ATA what they are doing is the best kept secret of modern times. You can have the best cookie in the world but if no ones knows or understands where to get it - it'll never sell, TV promotion ad twice a day and watch your numbers triple, you go to mak them talk about it even argue the point. Thats it - good shooting Fraz

10. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

As usual, Pat is right on. I have heard the same negative talk for quite some time. And as a consequence fully expeced our state shoot to drop off. It Did not, It was only up a small amount but it was UP.

11. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Franz I want to see that ATA TV ad A Man standing there with a 10K trap gun a 7.00 box of shell and having paid a 10.00 gate fee and 7.50 for round of trap,Saying this is fun for the working Man Jon PS all the above are the norm at San Diego Shotgun Sporting Club ( THe old MiraMar Gun Club)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.