1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

50 per trap - how much time?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by roger8918, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

for estimating proposes, how long does it take for your average squad to shoot 50 targets per trap.

We are going to Elysburg next weekend I would like to know about how long the wait will be if my squad is in the third flight out.

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Half hour tops. If they order the line to take two boxes of shells to the line lop off 5 minutes. If they shoot 50 targets 10 per post, lop off about 10 minutes. Can vary depending on the efficiency of the shooters before you.

3. roger8918

roger8918 Member

30 mins? That's what I was thinking also. They will take 50 to the line, shoot 5 per post and then do it again without coming of the line.

4. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I believe the PA State shoot will be set the same as the Keystone Open was in May. Twelve banks and four traps to each bank for singles and handicap. Check out page 17 in the program book.

Dale,

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

The other thing to consider is the quality of the "squad hustling." Good squad hustlers keep things going and may save as much as 2 to 3 minutes at the beginning of each round. Without them things tend to slow down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.