1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

50/50 to 90/10 What do you do?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rdf59, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdf59

rdf59 Member

I'd like to know what A and up shooters use as their rib setting. 50/50 - 100-0 or in between?

The top shooter I know shoots 50/50 while other A and above guys I know really float them at 90 or 100%

I'm a B shooter and moved up from D while changing from 50/50 to 75/25. Don't know if it's due to shooting more or the settings.

Since I shoot clays, I need to know "what day it is" (a statement my guru uses) going between trap on Wed and clays on Fri. On Wed I float them well above and on Fri I shoot spot on.

2. chourico

chourico TS Member

I am in AA I shoot a ljutic at 90/10 in singles and caps with a full choke.

3. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

I moved up this year to AA going from 50/50 to 70/30. Some shooters can post great scores covering the target with a flat shooting gun, not me.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I shoot 100% on trap and 80/20 on sporting. I don't "float" a target. When I do notice my bead, it's directly below the target. You have to determine what works for you. When you shoot a good score, put your gun on the pattern board and document your POI. Pay no attention to what someone else shoots.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Pay no attention to what someone else shoots is a goood bit of wisdom here. There is no wizard behind that curtain.

6. shadow

shadow Active Member

Shoot what works best for you. Since I shoot pretty quickly I prefer somewhere around 110% high. If I were to look down the rib it would appear that there is at least 6" of rib visible between the beads.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I shoot 90% high on all my trapguns and 70% on my Sporting clays..what works for you must be dtermined by you and you alone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.