1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$$$$$$ 50.00 $$$$$$ A Bag For Shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rumplestilskin, May 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

Get Ready for more high prices. Lead went up again today. It is getting closer to $1.00 a pound.

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

More than that already most places. A dollar a pound is only 25 bucks a bag. RG

3. leadvail

leadvail Member

oh , oh .
    Hey , you guy's quit shooting so the price will go down .
    Then the price of fuel will go down too when your not driving to your shoot's over the long weekend .

4. mono1393

mono1393 Member

I just bought 10 bags of West Coast shot yesterday for $26.80. Probably a good thing too!

5. rumplestilskin

rumplestilskin TS Member

It's still going UP!!! "Copper Rises as Strike Threat Looms; Lead Advances to Record" This is the headlines on Bloomberg.com
    "Lead gained $48 to $2,448 a ton. Earlier it traded at $2,448 a ton, beating the previous record set on June 18 by $18."

6. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

I just can't understand why everyone keeps talking about the price of lead going up when we all should be used to it by now. I plan my shooting trips wisely, my husband and I make our own shot, reload our own shells (yes, he even taught me how to run a Dillion loader), camp out instead of motels most the time, cook my own food instead of eating in restaurants all the time. About the only thing we can't do cheaper is we have to pay the club shooting fees that continue to go up in price too. Granted I'm not pushing for the All American Team points so I don't have to go to all the big shoots either. We just enjoy the sport of trapshooting.
    Ellen

7. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

I just can't understand why everyone keeps talking about the price of lead going up when we all should be used to it by now. I plan my shooting trips wisely, my husband and I make our own shot, reload our own shells (yes, he even taught me how to run a Dillion loader), camp out instead of motels most the time, cook my own food instead of eating in restaurants all the time. About the only thing we can't do cheaper is we have to pay the club shooting fees that continue to go up in price too. Granted I'm not pushing for the All American Team points so I don't have to go to all the big shoots either. We just enjoy the sport of trapshooting.
    Ellen

8. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

That home made lead shot causes flinching. RG

9. incognito

incognito TS Member

Ellen,

If that was a serious question, I can answer it.

#1. Most trapshooters are too spoiled to even consider camping out or cooking their own meals, and

#2. most are too lazy to make their own shot, and

#3. complaining here is free!

10. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I love thrifty people.

I am not as good as some but I am getting better.

I don't make my shot but I do watch my money and have learned that being thrifty is just as much fun.

Right now I am looking for a used range bag as opposed new. Every penny counts.

I may go the small camper route one day too.

11. Odawgp

Odawgp TS Member

then start picking up after yourself and save a little money in the process.

Ellen, here do you get your lead for making shot. the three tire shops around here want top dollar for their wheel wieghts. i don't know what the recyclers are giving them for it but if im going to have to melt it down and do all that just to get it to where i can run it through the dropper. .34 cents a pound is to much for me i can pick it up off the ground and wash it and tumble it in graphite for .15 cents a pound.

clint

12. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

clint:
    I have several tire stores that I do regular pick-ups from. I provide
    the empty bucket when I pick-up a full one.
    I'm paying $15 for a 5 gallon bucket and $10 for a 3 gallon bucket
    and thats only when I have too. Usually they are more than happy to
    get rid of the used weights.
    There are some areas that won't give away or sell their weights
    because they are reusing them or a local battery mfg. plant wants
    them.
    Ellen

13. marotta

marotta Member

Ellen, what is the clean lead yield of a 5 gallon bucket full to the brim with wheel weights

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.