1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$5 Wal-Mart shells continue...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by spitter, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Just an FYI, I was out and about running multiple errands in the western suburbs of Chicago today and as I was passing two Wal-Marts, I called the Sporting Goods departments of both (Elmhurst and Northlake) and found STS Light/Nitro shells at both locations for $5/box. There were no Winchester AAs.

So for those interested, pick up the phone and call your local WalMart...

Regards,

Jay

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I too scored 2 flats. They assure me those to be the last. Also got some 20g Federal 1oz heavy field loads 4.60/25. Now what I am wondering. They had no party packs, have not restocked any AA or STS. All other shotshells at normal prices? What do you think. Just going to carry one type? Maybe not carry ammo at all after stocks depleted. Or is ammo going to be strictly consignment now? Like the big sporting goods stores do. Everwonder why you never see proV1 golf balls for less than 45.00

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

ps 1 flate was the AA feather lights which my wife loves to shoot. normally they are a special order item in this area. They found these way back in storage.

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

maclellan1911 you asked "All other shotshells at normal prices? What do you think. Just going to carry one type? Maybe not carry ammo at all after stocks depleted. Or is ammo going to be strictly consignment now? Like the big sporting goods stores do."

John you need to think a little here this is Massachusetts the way the gun laws are in this state there are probably not more than a dozen stores in this state that sell ammo in the first place.

The local Wal-Mart the manager of the store told me he won't put shells of that type in the store. When you buy them in Mass you can't even look at them with out showing the clerk your permit. This means he must pay an associate to stay in the department at all times. This means that he must provide coverage for breaks and lunch as well.

He said the way it is know he can put one associate to cover three departments in stead of the other way around just to sell ammo.

Bob Lawless

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Good point Bob. Ammo at every walmart I have seen is under lock and key. Dicks sporting goods is not? I think it is going to get tougher to get decent prices here in mass. The local sheriff got a in with the walmart here, buys all the Winclean ammo in 40 and 45. I think what is goint to happen with the manufactures and walmart one brand deal.

6. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Three days ago the Wal-Mart in Chester, Il still had Remington Nitros for $5.00. Chester is 20 miles south of Sparta.

7. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Not in Amarillo, Tx. I just called Wally World STS, Nitros ETC. $7.99 per box. Shucks

Jerry Walker

8. spitter

Keep calling. The first couple times I hit up Elmhurst and Northlake they weren't on clearance either...

Jay

9. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Got 3 more boxes of Nitros where I had bought out all their STS & Nitros earlier.

10. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Wal Mart here only had AAs in 9s at $5.00 a box. Ray.......

11. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

get em while you can! Wally world will no longer carry premium shells like Gold Medals, and STS/Nitro 27's after they sell out of stock on hand. Only thing they will have is gun clubs, top guns, cheapies and junk

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

They did it here, too, but they just blew out the light loads because most casual buyers wanted heavy.

They lasted about 15 minutes.

HM

13. Dodgeram

Dodgeram TS Member

Just picked up two flats of 7 1/2's STS light and HDCP loads for $5.00 each at Walmart in Dubuque, IA. Wish they had more.

Doug

14. spitter

Keep looking guys, it ain't over until its over...

Jay

15. spitter

Today, picking up some PT and TP, I scored 8 boxes of Winchester Light 9s for $5/bx. The trail's still warm....

regards all,

Jay

16. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

picked up 5 low recoil yesterday for $5.00 each. Goodyear, AZ.

It was all they had on sale.

Phil

17. spitter

back again...

Was at my local Wal-Mart and took a look... scored 15 boxes of Winchester Xpert Steel at $4.97 PLUS they had SHELVES full of "Federal Games Loads", but see - 1oz 7.5s and 8s; 1290 fps for < $5/bx.

I'm not a Federal guy, but FYI and regards to all,

Jay

18. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

I haven't found any AA or Remington for $5.00 a box here in Pennsylvania. I have checked several times in the following areas, Lancaster, Lebanon, Northumberland and Snyder County.

You guys are fortunate and should buy all that you can at those prices.

Dale,

19. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

none here in Idaho

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

WalMart in Peoria, Az. has them ... The Super WalMart in Surprise has them also and not just a few boxes either ... I got shells and cannot use anymore for right now unless I rearrange things in the garage ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.