1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

5 Free ATA Memberships

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by One Eyed Left Handed, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

My hat's off to the ATA and KTL (KY) for making 5 free annual ATA memberships available to clubs to help grow our sport.

At Franklin County Sportsman's Club, we were able to recruit three senior vet shooters. Two have been shooting a year or so, one was a long time gammes and practice shooter that was up to a new challenge. All three have already registered targets with us several times and have become even more active and involved with our club. All are talking about attending the Kentucky State shoot.

The icing on the cake was tonight when we were able to sign up two youth shooters that were on the fence. Both are planning on attending our state shoot and getting registered targets with us.

THe five free memberships helped our club, our State shoot, our sport, and was appreciated by all five.

I think the ATA was spot on and hit a homerun with this program! Yeah, I know, the ATA and your respective State organization may not be perfect-but this can't do anything but help. If you're a local club and can't recruit five new ATA shooters with a freebie, you're not working hard enough to support trapshooting.

Eddie Quire

2. LABWILD

LABWILD Member

My sentiments exactly! Welcome new shooters. Hope to see all at our Registered shoot Sat., May 11.

3. Grade VI

Grade VI Member

I didn't know about the five free ATA memberships. How does a club set this up with the ATA? I might be able to get some guys from our club to join. Thanks for your help.

4. One Eyed Left Handed

We got a mailing from Kevin Polson, KTL Secretary with details about 6 weeks ago. The memberships were for folks who had never been ATA members before.

If your club holds registered shoots in Ky, I'd say you would be eligible. Kenny Knott, Kevin "Tank" Polson or Terry Dean should be able to answer your questions in more detail. Good Luck!

5. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

I am the trap chairman for our small club in South Texas, and I have to agree; a great deal for some new shooters, thanks to the ATA. Signed up a new shooter to participate in his first registered targets at the Southwestern Grand. Signing up one today so he can shoot in the upcoming Topperwein Trapshoot in San Antonio, and signing up a pair of twin girls from our club, who want to get into registered trap as well. They shot some registered skeet, but after shooting in a huge San Antonio Livestock Exposition shoot, they like trap MUCH better, and I told their mother, I have a special gift for the girls from the ATA. 4 new members for our great sport !!! Still have one certificate left, and I don't think I will have a hard time finding another new ATA enrollee !

6. One Eyed Left Handed

MH*, glad to see it working for you in Texas! Hell of a nice effort by the ATA!
    From my perspective as President of a 51 year old club that just went from one trap to two less than 10 years ago, I hope the offer is repeated next year!

Four of our 5 free membership folks have already committed to shoot registered with us this Saturday. One has a buddy who's now considering joining the ATA.

I'm rally surprised that the ATA hasn't gotten more accolades for this free annual membership program. Hell, My state delegate Terry Dean in Kentucky almost had a stroke seeing the negative responses on this site after the program was announced.

I just think we ought recognize a boni-fide effort to grow our sport.

7. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Used 3 of the 5 certificates at our monthly shoot in Tallahassee. It was a great idea to get new ATA shooters. Thanks ATA

Gary Rickard
    Tallahassee Rifle & Pistol Club

8. One Eyed Left Handed

Our club had three of the five free ATA Members shoot with us today. Helped us throw 3900 registered targets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.