1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

4H SAFE PROGRAM SHOOTER HELP!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hollywood1203, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollywood1203

Hollywood1203 TS Member

Hello All,

My 14 year old son is shooting for the 4H project safe modified trap team. I would like some recommendations regarding a beginner level 12 ga O/U that is reasonably priced. He is currently shooting his Stoeger M2000 and was the high scoring junior on his team last year at the regionals (23 out of 25) and shows much promise. I would like to help him to the next level. All positive information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Don Poythress

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

A Browning XT or Citori Plus would be a good start.

3. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

My daughter shot a Browing XT in her 5 years of shotgun. Used 32 inch barrels and shot 6 different events with the same gun. State lady champ one of those years. All I did was watch her clean and oil it. Never been in a repair shop. Still tight.
    Our 2 cents worth. Hope you make as many memories as we did !!!!

4. T-C Joe

T-C Joe TS Member

I think that a BT-99 is one of the best choices for anyone who is on a budget. I help coach a 4H / SCTP team and I have seen many kids swap from a field gun to a BT. It is almost a guarantee that they will pick up birds.

5. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Another vote for the Browning XT. I have shot mine for four years and have had some great scores with it. Clean it oil it and put it away. I have also had in the same time period a Kreighoff KS-5 Special. Shot it well to but eventually sold it and went back to shooting the Browning. You get a good quality firearm for a reasonable price. Take care of it and it will last forever.

Jim Bradbury

6. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I always recommend Brownings, but I recently got the chance to play around with the new CZ Redhead Target.... Be sure to check it out.

If your an SCTP member, you can get a very good deal on them!

SW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.