1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

452AA 1oz recipes?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kiwiG, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, I was lucky enough to get some 452AA, problem is tossed my data years ago. I recall loading 20.5gr, but that was for 1 1/8 loads and I now shoot 1oz loads. Win compression formed hulls, Win 209 primers, Win 1oz wads. Any data appreciated, and no liability expressed or implied, to any help. Thanks in advance-Graham.

2. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks UNLOADER. Would you describe the load as being 'soft','middle of the road' or 'zippy'. My previous disclaimer still applies. Thanks-Graham.

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Active Member

check your private messages

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I have the old Winchester catalog in front of me. It lists the recipe for your components and 452AA as follows.

1 oz 20.0 grains 1180 fps

1 oz 21.5 grains 1235 fps

1 oz 23.0 grains 1290 fps

It also has bushing charts for 452AA for most of the reloaders, if you need a starting point.

Mark

5. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks for your time and trouble Guys. Recoil is not really a factor for me, so I will load 25 @ UNLOADER's recipe, and 25 @ 21gr and see what happens. 452AA is the powder I used when I first started shooting 30 years ago and I look forward to reacquainting. Thanks again-Graham.

6. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Member

I used to use an RXP hull, WW209, 22.5 grains of 452, Winchester white 1 1/8 ounce wad, and 1 ounce of 7 1/2. I think the Winchester hull took 22.2 grains for the same components. Super fast, and in the Franchi field gun I shot at the time, an extremely tight pattern. I used the very last of that barrel of 452 last winter for prize shoots, after finding it under the bench after about 25 years. I wish I could find some more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.