1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

45 ACP trigger

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tom S, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom S

Tom S Member

I bought a Sear fixture to lighten the trigger pull. Got the Sear in place. I set the Allen screw at 0.74 height and it seems that I need to remove at least 0.22 from the top of Sear. Does this seem normal? Seems like it is a lot to take off.

Thank you for any help.

Tom S

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Some things wrong! I have a sear jig and the sear is nowhere near
    that high above the surface. Call the maker of the jig and check
    your adjustment.

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

A sear engagement surface of .018-.020" is recommended. Don't do anything, you don't know how to use it.

4. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

STOP!

Go to the 1911 forum in the gun smithing section and you will find an article on how to use your particular jig. You are doing something very wrong.

You don't have to remove anything from the top of the sear, just dress it and make sure the angles are correct. There are two angles on a properly prepared sear, the primary angle and the break-away angle.

The hammer hooks need to be 20 to 28 thousands.

There are plenty of illustrations over there to help before you ruin your sear or make a dangerous situation.

1911forum.com

5. Tom S

Tom S Member

Thanks guys for the help. Glad I didn't do anything yet. I downloaded instructions from the 1911forum.

Hi Jerry945T, its Tom from Paltalk. Its been awhile since we were on there. I see you also got into 1911's. I just bought an S & W Stainless. Been having a lot of fun pin shooting.

Tom S.

6. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Hi Tom, long time no talk. Haven't been on Paltalk for a long time. I'm having major back issues that make trapshooting almost impossible so I went back to my roots as a Bullseye pistol shooter.

I have several 1911's and spend some time over at the 1911 forum which is loaded with excellent advice.

I recently completed my first 1911 build so I know enough to be dangerous. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Jerry

7. patrick Swartz

patrick Swartz Member

Dear Sir,

.22 is only .030 from being 1/4 of one inch. I believe that you have a problem.
    Please get some professional help with that project. No one that is into the shooting sports wants to hear that you (or someone else) was injured by any kind of firearm.

Best regards,

Patrick Swartz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.