1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

.45 ACP brass

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by justanother99, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Over 1000 pieces of .45 ACP brass. This is mixed brass (WW, Federal, Remington and others). Would like to sell it all at once. $80 including shipping.

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

Don't mean to be argumentative, but,

Is it cleaned?
    Is it polished?
    Is it resized?
    Is it sorted by brand/mfr?
    Is it all fired only 1 time?
    If not, how many?
    What is the source?
    Is it deprimed?
    etc.......

For $80.00 shipped I can buy 500 NEW StarLine brass and know for certain what I am getting - arguably the best brass available.

Your description needs more detail, IMO.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Large primer or small? Primer crimped or not?

4. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Many people do not know this yet, but 45 acp are quickly becoming a major pain in the a** for reloading the brass. Some manufacturers are now using small pistol primers in the brass. This causes extra time in individual sorting of the brass. I believe it was about two or three years ago when I first noticed this difference.

5. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

This brass has not been cleaned or tumbled, and as said above, is mixed, meaning I have not sorted it by brand, firings, etc. It is large primer, and not crimped. A good portion of it is Winchester and would have to be deprimed and resized of course.

For $80 you'd be getting over TWICE the amount of brass you could buy from Starline new. I bought .357 Starline brass a few years ago and was very unimpressed with it to say the least.

If you guys feel my price is too high, simply make an offer on it! I'm not looking to make a bunch of money, and would rather sell it than throw it out!

Thanks for looking!

6. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I do not have a dog in this race but wish to help set the record straight. This gentleman has a right to ask any price, that is what is great about America. Starline is regarded as pretty darn good brass. Currently it is priced at 78.75 per 500 and that is shipped to your door, even cheaper by the 1000. Rather than beat the seller, just offer him a price and the worst that can happen is he decline to accept. Myself, I prefer new brass and think Starline is a pretty good deal. You must figure in some time, cleaning media, electricity and the general task of cleaning brass that has been bought fired-----some people like to do that, but not me.

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

0   0   0

OK, guys. I was NOT trying to beat anyone up. I may have been a bit blunt, but thought it fair to ask for more info. I reload 45ACP and, before I'd buy used brass, I want to know if it's been fired a bunch of times and what condition it's in. Due diligence.

If I'd ordered Starline brass and they sent me once fired Winchester, I'd be on the phone in a NY minute to have them take the return, pay the shipping and either give me my $ back or ship what I ordered.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

8. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

0   0   0

I'd go 55.00 shipped thats what I paid the last al be it that was awhile back but I don't shoot much.

9. gunfighter001

gunfighter001 Member

0   0   0

Starline is far from the best brass to reload.

10. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Dear 99, I need pics of each hull, with a round count. Please deprime and clean them, of course sort them, and I will pay $30 a thousand shipped.

Seriously, $55 a thousand for 45 brass these days is a pipe dream. As a commercial loader, I can say that brass is doing what gas is doing. (sigh)

$80 per thousand is about what brass is going for right now from my commercial suppliers. Buy it or do without.

BTW, Starline IS good brass.

11. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Sorry if I offended anyone with my "outlandish" price! Thanks deercreek and Shooting Coach.

12. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

0   0   0

I read make me an offer I'd rather sell it than throw it away. I make an offer of what Ipaid 2 months ago, and is about the going price for my area and pretty much get rousted for it. no return saying no thanks or a counter offer, just snide remarks. I did make an offer thinking I could get a deal,if I needed it that bad I would just go down to the range and buy it for $6.00 a hundred = 60.00 a thousand { every day price,no tax on used brass must pay cash} So that is how I came up with that offer tryed to save 5.00.

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

14. justanother99

justanother99 Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

For $60.00 it's yours...

15. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

If Federal Paper does not want the brass at $60, I'll take it,

David D

16. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

0   0   0

I will take it for 60.00 will email you later today to exchange info. I put up that last post to let you know where I came up with the offer and let you know that I AMNOT JUST KICKIN TIRES OR STARTING ARGUMENTS. WAS not trying to srart a fight with you,as for uninvolved parties chiming in don't care what they think.That said if you'll sell it for 60.00 I'll take it. YOU WILL HAVE MAIL.

17. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

0   0   0

My Gawd, everybody is just so touchy these days.

Must be the price of gas creating all this civil unrest and agitation.

I'm calling for a more civil tone when talking to people on this forum.

Otherwise we're all just a bunch of assholes.

Both Winchester (WIN NT, Winchester Non Toxic) And Federal are making cases with Small Primer Pockets. They reload just like the ones with large pockets, just not at the same time.

You definately have to sort them out before you do anything else, or it will cause problems. You actually need to look at them twice as they are easy to miss.

If you are going to load both styles of cases then you need to load all of your LP case first as the lp won't go into the small primer pocket. This is no big deal, you remove the offending case and move on.

If you're loading the small cases and a large one comes thru, then the primer will go into the case but not stay there, and you have an unprimed round which you may or may not notice. This is not the end of the world, you'll find it eventually, as there will be a trail of powder, and it won't go off.

I use range brass for my .45's as most of it is once fired when I pick it up and I don't hotrod the round. And since the .45 is a relatively low pressure round I can get away with many firings before a case fails. I have never had one fail yet with midrange loads.750-800FPS

.40 S&W is another story and we've covered that in detail previously. I only reload Winchester brass for that round, and push thru size every case.

Oh, Starline brass is about as good as it gets. It is definately the way to go for Straitwall Magnum pistol rounds, nothing else is even close.

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.