1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

44mag reloads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Auctioneer, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

He is 100% correct. If you sell reloads and something goes wrong and damnages a gun or hurts someone you will be responsible. That means law suits and bad law suits. They can get alot of what you own.

2. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Plus it is a little chancy on the buyer side to shoot reloaded ammo that comes from an unknown source.

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

Now I don't know for sure but I think it might be possible that you need an FFL to manufacture and sell ammunition also. It seems like I remember something like that.

4. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

True, if you are going to manufacture and sell ammuniton, you need a manufactures license.

If, on the other hand, you do custom loading, where the customer brings you the brass with instructions as to how he want's it loaded, you don't....unless it has been changed recently

5. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Whoops...loks like they did....from ATF online:

Q: Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?
    Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

6. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

The key is "personal use"..that means yourself, not some other person,

We had the mfg license years ago and when pop died my brother and I looked into continuing the business. The liability insurance got us to reconsider. Now I load for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.