1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

410 Shell ejection question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I purchased a new 1100 Sporting 410 the other day and it does not always eject the hulls so wondered what I could do to help. Yes, it is a 3 inch gun. I don't intend to use 3 inch shells so I realize most changes would be permanent. Are there springs I can change to help or must I enlarge the gas port or drill another hole? Thanks for your help. Jackie B.

2. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

1100 Skeet 410s came with a barrel that only took 2 1/2" ammo. Those barrel worked better with the 2 1/2" ammo than the 3" field barrels. I don't know anything about these 3" Sporting barrels.

Remington jacked up the speed of their 2 1/2" 410 ammo to give better reliability in the 1100s. Are you using reloads? If so, you might want to check the books for a faster load.

3. esetter

esetter Active Member

If reloads you might also want to check you sizing of the brass. If your machine isn't sizing properly they will hang in the chamber. I had to adjust my Mec before it would eject even from an Over and Under.

4. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I had the same problem with mine. I changed the extractor (called Remington and they just sent me one) and now it functions almost 100% with AA hulls. It will only function about 60% of the time with Remington STS hulls. All the above with reloads.

It will function 100% with factory shells, either Remington or Winchester.

The plactic on the Remington STS hull is a bit bigger in diameter than the Winchester AA. This is the only difference I can find. The plastic is not resized as it just springs back when it comes out of the die.

Jim Skeel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.