1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

410 reloads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smifshot, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

How many here are reloading the WW Hs 410 hull and NOT using the WW wad made for this hull? I would be interested in what wad you're using and how it performs. Thanks Fred

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I reload the Win AA HS hull in .410 and use the Remington SP 410 wad. I went this route after several highly ranked skeet shooters told me that's what they use.

Win 209 primer (sometimes use the Nobelsport 209 primer, which Hodgdon told me is a direct substitute), Remington SP 410 wad, 13.3 grains of Hodgdon LIL' GUN.

Works great for me.

3. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

I had alot of problems with the old style AA wads and replacements even with extra wads pressure. I use Remington sp 410's with 14.5 grains of winchester 296 and a chedite primer in a AA HS works well for 410 sporting clay events

4. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I use the Claybuster WAA410HS clones. They cost less than the WW wads, and work as well if not better. I have some Orange PC wads I intend to try but haven't gotten to it yet. My powder is Alliant 410.

5. mike b.

mike b. Member

Use the Federal 410 wad in the HS hulls....no bloops !!

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Bob K, Don't you mean the Orange PC wads. I use them in the old sytle AA's and the newer HS hulss as well. No problems for me, and they work in the STS's hulls as well. I have not been shooting them long, but no problems in the either of the Win. AA's, but have not tried them in the STS's as of yet. Both loads are on Hodgdon's site as I use the H110 with is the same powder as Win. 296 but I can get it a bit cheaper. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

7. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Pull & Mark, right you are. The blue are 28 ga (and I haven't tried them yet, either.)

8. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I use the claybuster HS wad, Fiochi 616 primer and 13 grains of lil gun and shoots good. I shot around 5000 shells loaded this way and no problems. Jackie B.

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I use AA 410 HS shells, the factory red HS wads, Win209 primers and Lil Gun powder. Works great for me. Dirty though. Dave T.

10. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Orange PC wads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.