1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

410 progrssive loader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Heckyea, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

Looking to buy a 410 progressive loader. Anything out there? TIA
    Ron

2. wm rike

wm rike Member

To my mind, reloading the .410 is akin to reloading metallic cartridges - not a user-friendly task. Because the mouth is so small, it is herently difficult to reliably insert powder, wad, and shot with any speed. If the loader (e.g., MEC & Hornady) jiggles at all, the case wobbles out of line with the drop tube and you have a messed up load. I'd start with a PW because of the dies which do a better job of holding the shell in place and also facilitate mouth-to-droptube alignment.

3. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

My 9000H seems to turn them out without too much difficulty.

4. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My Grabber does a very good job when I do mine. I shoot mostly AAHS shells and have no problem loading them with claybuster hs wad. I don't use larger than no. 8 shoot in it as 7 1/2's will have an occasional jam in the shot tube causing a mess. I use a 600 if I need to load anything bigger than 8's. Jackie B.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Heck, I might have an older P-W available. I have to check with a friend who just went to a nursing home.

I'll call his kid when he comes in from work.

HM

6. jbrucejr

jbrucejr Member

My 9000G runs 410's as fast as I can put in hulls and wads.

You can make problems by slamming the handle up and down, but if I have one issue per 500 I load I am having a bad day.

Really used up hulls with a lot of splits in the crimp can cause a problem getting the wad in. The "petals" stick through the slots in the wad guide and catch the wad

Do your self a big favor and toss hulls with multiple splits.

John

7. nitroexpress500

nitroexpress500 TS Member

I have a older 650 in 410 that looks like it just came out of the box. It's maybe had 100 rounds loaded on it.

8. k shooter

k shooter TS Member

ihave a pw 410 reloader, asking $300 plus shipping or make an offer, thanks stan

9. Heckyea

Heckyea TS Member

Lets see some pics and a contact number.
    Thanks
    Ron Zimmerman

10. k shooter

k shooter TS Member

my daughter took the pictures today should send them tommorrow if still interrestedd in the reloader, thanks stan

11. kolar12

kolar12 Member

Here is a tip. I do not load that many shells per year, but have found out that the throw away hulls work great! I do not like the Remingtons. The Nobel Skeet Gold load great with a Remington Wad. Besides, you can pick up all you care to load. I can load them five times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.