1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

410 plug question?????????????//

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Murphy, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphy

Murphy Member

I have a 410 pump made by Westpoint Arms, owned by Stevens/Savage, the plug which is just a dowl rod, is coming out of place and pushing into chamber causing it to jam. What do I need to solve the plug problem, and keep it from jaming. Do I need a bigger dowl or is there a better plug?

2. Big Az Al

Big Az Al Well-Known Member

I am completely confused by your post........

If the plug is coming out of place it should getting into the receiver(AKA the action) and juamming it up, the lifter/carrier/elevator needs to lift it while the bolt is being closed to get anything in action, while a dowl rod sitting on the lifter will not let it move jamming the bolt in the open position.

For the plug to do this the follower(the Numrich break shows two parts for the Model 170, one called a "Magizne tube adapter #34, and #35 the follower" for the pump that was made in .410 or 30-30, and one part for the model 30 in 410 it's part #117660 an costs $3.10 before shipping) that keeps the spring andthe plug in the has to be either lost, as in someone took the gun apart and in putting it back together left it out. or the follower is broken, in that part of it is broken out of the center letting the plug slide through but keeping the magizine spring in place.

Hope this helps

Al

3. Murphy

Murphy Member

It is as you say, the dowl(plug) is getting into the action and jamming it. All the plug is , is a dowl with the spring attached.

4. Murphy

Murphy Member

Big AZ Al, I also was told it is the keeper, maybe same thing as follower, where can i buy one to fit the 410, you mentioned Numrich, ???? Thanks If you know where I can find this please let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.