1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

.410 aluminum ammo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Snookassassin, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

A friend of mine has some very old .410 ammo and would like some info.
    He thinks the ammo is from WW2. The shells are made of aluminum and have red wax at the end. Maybe some sort of waterproof ammo.
    I would appreciate any info that you guys have.

Thanks, Clif Adams

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I seen some a very long time ago & was told at the time that it was military.
    Supposedly, if you can believe the fella I was talking to, it was issued to pilots with a small folding single shot gun? Haven't seen any of that ammo in years & don't know for sure if what I was told is valid. Gotta believe someone on here will have an answer. Colonel

3. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

M6 Survival Gun.... Ithaca....USAF

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    221 is right. The aluminum cases are Vietnam era, not WWII, and were made for the M6.<br>
    <br>
    There have been all brass military .410 shells made, which are quite rare. Early all brass civilian cases have been made, and legend has it that the first .410 was a straight walled modification of the .44-40 shot cartridge, which had a longer case (the case extended all the way to where the tip of the bullet would be).

5. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

You can still get brass .410 shells. Magtech makes brass shotshells in 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, and 32 gauges, plus .410 and 9.1mm. Price isn't bad, either. They use large pistol primers, if I recall correctly.

Tony

6. oneidcharlie

oneidcharlie Member

They also used these in WW2, I acquired a box of these from a former b-24 crewman who served at that time. Hi Clif how are things with you? I saw the former Mary Ann Kramer last weekend. Do you Remember her from the Iowa City Gun Club? Charlie

7. mike b.

mike b. Member

I've got 4 boxes with 1960's dates.

8. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I was trying to get some info from my neighbor who knows nothing about guns and ammo but said he had a few items and would like to know what they were.

He also had an old .410 pump and yes, it is a model 42.

Hi Charlie, I'm doing pretty good. Business is pretty bad (I sell to the automakers) but otherwise all is OK. I should be drawing social security any way.

I saw Mary Ann a few months ago at Silver Dollar. We had a good time reminiscing.
    Might see you at the Grand.

Snookassassin, Clif Adams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

aluminum 410 shells

aluminum case 410 ammo

davidson 410 aluminum shells

old 410alumenum ammo slugs

ww2 410 shotgun shell for sale