1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

41 Rem mag help

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by tcr1146, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

One more try! I have received very little response to my search for 41 mag dies, brass, and bullets. In fact, one guy responded but never came back when I asked for further info and the other had the dies but they were not carbide. Furthermore, there is very little load data in all the books I have?! Does anyone have a source for better or more data? Thanks again, Tom Rhoads

2. WCW4269

WCW4269 Member

0   0   0

Tom, All the books I have show loading data. I guess to make it simple what bullet and powder are you wanting to use or are you going to purchase new componets?
    I've been loading for the .41 since around 1976 and is one of my favorite handgun rounds. It didn't in my opinion give up too much to the .44 mag till they came out with the heavier bullets for the .44.
    I have a couple of old Ideal#412263 moulds that were designed for the .405 Winchester and started using them in the .41 Mag back in 79 using a CCI 350 primer, 18.0 grains of 2400 and that bullet weighed 298 grains cast from wheel weights chronograghed at 1,212 F.P.S. Only trouble was when you used the crimp groove they were just a liitle less than flush with the end of the cylinder and if you loaded more than three in the cylinder they would jump the crimp and lock up the action due to the excessive recoil. I always liked letting guys shoot it that said how much the .44 mag kicked. Hope I helped you somewhat.
    Bill W.

3. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

0   0   0

Tom, For jacketed bullets Hodgdon's H-110 can't be beat in the 41 mag. It is a slower powder, low pressure, and produces some of the fastest fps.

I use 22.0 grains in my nickle 6" S/W Model 57 with 210 grain Sierra jacketed bullets. 22 grains is a compressed load meaning there is no air space between the powder and the base of the bullet. The Lyman book says 1349 fps.

I tryed loading for a buddy of mine who had a nickle 8 3/4" Model 57 but could only go 21.0 grains as his cylinder gap was much narrower than mine.

Are you coming to Alexandria Sunday?

Michael Stephenson

4. tcr1146

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Dragging Jim along and will be there about 9:30 Mike. WCW: I found some data in Hodgdon and Alliant but not much cast bullet info. I loaded and shot a lot of 357 and 44 mag and there is a lot of data for them. So far, it looks like I will have to buy new brass, and dies from Midway as no one has offered either. Thanks again, Tom Rhoads

5. WCW4269

WCW4269 Member

0   0   0

Tom, If you cast bullets and it's a Lyman Mould I would have data for them. I think I have about 12 different .41 Moulds. Let me know. Bill W.

6. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

0   0   0

At mastercast bullet co., we offer a 41 mag 215 SWC cast bullet. I'm not positive, but i believe we may also have some 41 mag brass in stock. Also, if you give us a call or email, the owner is extremely knowledgeable in the loading of handgun ammunition and would be more than happy to give you some advice.

mastercast.net

mike@mastercast.net

724-336-6565

7. tcr1146

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Thanks jbmu! I checked the site! Send me a PM if you are involved or if you can give me more info! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ideal 412263