1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$41.50 for 25lb bag of Lawrence Magnum shot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cstraight, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cstraight

Cstraight TS Member

I took about six months off from shooting but started practicing again to get ready for duck hunting. I'm almost out of hard 9 shot so I inquired at a local range in Georgia. The new price is $41.50 a bag! Is this price reasonable given the current lead market?

Thanks for any insight.

Chris

2. shooter66

shooter66 TS Member

Thats what avg. retail (bass pro, cabela's, Gander etc..) here in the Chicago area is.

It just about makes it real close to not so economical to reload!

3. Cstraight

Cstraight TS Member

Thanks Cowboy1, I'll have to call Phillips and find out about the cost to ship to Georgia.

Chris

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Ha Ha, shipped to Georgia, $41.50

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If you use the flat rate box for 2 bags it comes to about $34 a bag. HMB

6. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Small wonder that shooting sports continue to decline...oh well, time to get another night job or spend the kids' college fund. Ed

7. Doug Mc

Doug Mc TS Member

Market price on Lead is now over a $1/Lb. .... add in shipping of raw Matl. .... Manuf. cost .... Profit .... shipping to Dist. .... his Profit .... shipping to Retailer his Profit .... add them all up .... and there you go

8. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

$27.50 a bag mag shot in Michigan.

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Gamaliel's price for Larence Brand Magnum shot is currently at $34.50 a bag and will rise or fall from this price as the price of lead will rise or fall. It seems to me that about 7-8 dollars above the current price of lead is the norm. This allows the cost of manufacturing,shipping and profit costs per bag of 25 pounds. Buying on ton of shot at a time allows the shipping and profit costs to come down somewhat. Some places will give you a break on the per bag cost if you buy multible bags from them at a time. So ask how many you have to buy to get a break from them. Break-em all. Jeff

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Oh gawd, here we go again!

11. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Those flat rate USPS boxes suck as far as strength.

12. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

sptnclays - Where in Michigan can I find that price? I just came from the club...the $25/ bag shot is gone and the new stuff will be $38.50. Guns Galore in Fenton is at $32.

13. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Get some guys together and get an account with Parks and Son. They are in North Carolina and will deliver in the southeast for a $50 drop fee. Right now they are at $30 per bag for a one ton pallet or about $29 per bag for 5 pallets or more. The only deliver to clubs. We just stocked up with a 12000 lb order. I am afraid we will see $40 per bag wholesale in a few weeks unless the market tanks again. Parks drops our targets, shot, powder, wads and primers. Donnie is great people to deal with.

14. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

$27.00 a bag hear in N.Y.

15. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Good thing I still have my Ton of $10.75 a bag of shot.

Ok yeah I have had it for awhile it looks like it beats the hell out of putting the money in a C.D. at the bank.

Fog

16. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Chris. What part of Georgia are you in. I'm in South Georgia. I Periodically order from Park and sons and a few other places. I also pick up shot from a couple of bases(I'm retired military) and sometimes I'm able to pick up shot for other folks. Jackie B.

17. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Hey RoHo, I'll take that ton of shot off your hands for $15 a bag. Hell I'll even drive south of the big river and pick it up. LOL

18. michael101

michael101 TS Member

$44.99 at Gander Mountain in Lubbock, Texas last week, I told them I would have to pass.

Mike

19. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

FogHorn,

May I suggest that you keep the lead in the gun safe and leave the guns out.

Charlie

20. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Pretty soon we will be shooting one ounce of reclaimed shot thru' our $10,000.00 guns. Just a sign of the times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.