1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$4000 Browning Un-Single broken already

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fishguts, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishguts

fishguts Member

So I bought a Browning bottom single combo last November from Guns Unlimited for $4000. Today it broke. It doesn't cock or whatever you call it when I open it. Less than a thousand shells thru it...most of them in the over under. Now that's what I call a piece of shit gun.

Wayne

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

No gunmaker guarantees to BUILD a gun right. The warranty is to MAKE it right. Google Browning and look for a local warranty center. Likely, it is something simple.

These guns are rock solid. When I ran a warranty center that serviced about 25 brands, the brand with the least trouble of any was the Browning.

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Wayne,

I'll take it off your hands. I'll even pay shipping.

Of course, what Shooting Coach says is right. Browning makes excellent guns. Its a mechanical device. Ever heard of the "bathtub curve?"

Most devices fail in accordance with the bathtub curve. Number of failures on the vertical axis, time on the horizontal axis.

Failures are high at the beginning, then remain flat as time goes by, then high after a long time.

Early failures are usually manufacturing defects. Late failures are due to parts wearing out.

Send it in. Get it fixed. Odds are high that once repaired, it'll serve you well for many, many years.

4. claykiller

claykiller Member

What model?

5. claykiller

claykiller Member

What model?

6. fishguts

fishguts Member

timb99.......$3500 shipped.

7. XT=dontmiss

XT=dontmiss TS Member

Your not much for confidence in yourself, i'll give you 50$ for it, fix it myself and then give you a run for your money with it. FYI, in your next gun purchase, dont be so judgmental over one flaw, after all it was probably a human trying to make some money that made it, have you made any mistakes today?

Chris Gerber

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Just send it back to Browning and have them fix it. Browning makes a good gun that last for many years. Thats what warranty are for.
    My wife SL600 stop running 3 months after she got it. The car is a lot more the $4K so that should make it a junk because it stopped working. No use the warranty. You paid for it when you bought the gun.

9. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Find a warranty center rather than send it back to Browning; you'll be without the gun for MONTHS otherwise.

I had a 3 year old XT receiver break...yeah, the big machined block that holds all the pieces of the action. A Browning warranty gunsmith discovered it during an annual, expedited all the arrangements with Browning and shipped it to them. It still took 2 months for a replacement gun to be shipped to me.

MK

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

fix it yourself

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If you have a competent gunsmith they may be able to fix it for less money and less time then shipping to a Browning warranty station.

12. Frizz

Frizz Member

fishguts,

I know you are sad but I would be happy to let you have my happy face for a day.You know I would not let just anyone have my happy face.

George

13. FLIP

FLIP Member

sounds like the hammer pin, does it work on the other barrel with the over unders? its a mechanical device,,they brake ,thats life, get use to it

14. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Buy American!

15. superump

superump TS Member

It can happen to any new gun. Like several have said its a mechanical failure. My friend had a forearm crack on a brand new Beretta last year and another friend at our club that had a problem with a brand new Ljutic. Thats what warranty is for, and Browning has an EXCELLENT warranty and excellent people to deal with esp. compared to Baretta.Why won't you tell us what model it is, several people have asked?

16. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I would stay away from sending it to Browning as much as you can. I have seen them take 3-6 months to fix something simple like everyone here thinks your issue is. This is one reason why I will not own one. In my opinion there CS sucks.

17. fishguts

fishguts Member

HAHAHAHAHA...........Thanks for all the advice on get over it, that's life. Chris Gerber you are so funny. I have all the confidence in the world, more than you know. You'll by it for $50 and fix it yourself and give me a run for my money!! HAHAHA...what money is that? I don't need any FYI from you.

George, thanks for the smiley face....but you need it more than me.

hey gerber, this is the same story as the drunk that hit my parked car with his junkpile. He was connected so he got out of any DUI,etc. So he goes on his merry way to get drunk some more. Now I had to do the insurance company thing, pay the deductable, rent a truck, wait for repairs,make the phone calls,etc., I'm playing the good citizen thing while the drunk is out doing his drunk thing with no problems.

FYI......I don't want to have to do the gun repair thing because Mr.Moto had a bad day at the gun plant.

Wayne (no fyi confidence)(get over it)(people have worse problems)Meyers

18. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Geezz!!! Good luck finding that gun that never breaks. Better yet good luck finding one that has a promise not to break within a year. You would probably be better off with the childs finger and thumb pretend gun. Thats what your doing anyway. Pretending a gun that won't ever break exsists. Sorry but that's the truth.

Seems i've read of problems on or with every Trap gun being used. Sh!t happens and sh!t breaks. Its (as stated before) a mechanical device. Flame away on me but accept the truth.

Matt

19. fishguts

fishguts Member

Thanks Matt, but can't I at least expect more than a couple of hundred shots before it breaks down?...

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Wayne,

Yes, you should. But all manufactured devices, including the finest firearms, have a certain small percentage of defects leaving the factory.

Unfortunately, you pulled the joker card.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bath water. Lots of folks are happy as can be with their XT unsingles.

If you don't like the gun otherwise, that's one thing. But to give up on it because of this, in my opinion, is premature.

But after all, its your gun.

Good luck, whatever you choose to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.