1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

400,000 12ga tracer wads available at $0.10 ea.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tracer, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracer

Tracer Member

380,000 12ga tracer wads available at $0.10 ea.

We recieved a new order of aprox. 400,000 12ga shotgun wads from the factory. They are available in any quanity, in bulk up to the amount we have on hand. Performance is very good and visibility in any light condition is exceptional. Fire hazard is almost nonexistant. These are for 1 to 1 1/8 oz loads. We have had requests as to how they work. There is an aluminum .375 ball with a hollow tail on it that contains a small amount of pyrotechnic powder. This ball sits at the base of the shot cup with the tail sitting in a channel that gos to the powder cavity. The burning powder and pressure ignite the pyrotechenic powder and the forward motion of the wad causes the shot that sits over the aluminum ball to press aginst it holding it in place and creating a "check-ball" effect, so no pressure is lost. The aluminum ball leaves the wad with the shot and stays near the center of the shot pattern and doesn't lead or lag the shot string. The results are that you can get an accurate, visual view of where your shot pattern is in realtionship to the target. Call 503-999-4617 for ordering or more info. or write to nwresearch2003@yahoo.com.
    WHEN YOU ORDER THEM THEY WILL COME IN TWO PARTS IN THE SAME BOX. ONE PART WILL BE A PACKAGE OF ALUMINUM BALLS AND THE OTHER PART IS THE WADS. "FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR INSERTING THE ALUMINUM BALLS INTO THE WAD TAIL FIRST. DO NOT SHOOT THE WADS WITHOUT THE ALUMINUM BALL IN PLACE. THE ALUMINUM BALL IS PACKAGED IN A SEPERATE PLASTIC BAG TO PREVENT MOISTURE IN THE AIR FROM EFFECTING PYROTECHNIC POWDER.
    Thank You, Del Miesner
    NORTHWEST RESEARCH INC
    3431 WALLACE RD NW
    SALEM, OREGON 97304
    503-999-4617

2. gus wasso

gus wasso TS Member

what will they fit wich hull straight or tappered how mush to ship to california in 5000 lots total price for wads and shipping

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Just a small question . Why do I care ware the wad goes ?

4. Tracer

Tracer Member

For Gus Wasso,
    The wads were origionally designed for "streight" wall cases such as federal plastic but there was several requests for wads used in the "Win AA" hulls with the tapered wall. We modified the wad so it could be used in both streight wall and tapered. I have tested both with exelent results. The wad has a small aluminum round ball with a hollow tail in which we press a small amount of pyro powder. There is a channel that go's from the powder cavity through the base of the wad and that ignites the pyro material. The ball is in the bottom of the shot cup and the shot sits on the top of the ball. When you fire the shell the forward motion of the wad moving down the barrel causes the shot to hold the ball in place acting as a check ball and you loose no gasses and no velocity. The ball has the same balistic coefeciant as the shot so as it flies through the air with the shot it is near the center of the shot pattern and doesn't lead of lag the shot string. I will email you pricing and shipping costs. I have to weigh the lots of 5000 to find the cost. Thanks, Del

For Alf-99
    You don't care where the wad go's. There is an aluminum ball with a hollow tail that is filled with a small amount of pyrotechnic powder designed to work under shotgun pressures, that leaves the wad and travels with the shot. The luminous powder allows you to track the trejecery of your shot in relation to the target, letting you know where the pattern is going. You load the normal powder and primer that you are use to shooting. They work great on stations where you are having trouble and let's you see exactly why you are missing the target. The trace is very visible day or night. Thanks, Del

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When did it become illegal? HMB

6. Tracer

Tracer Member

380,000 12ga tracer wads available at $0.10 ea.

According to the BATF tracers are a legal device as long as they are not, according to their rules, considered a destructive device. We got a non-incenderary ruling from the BATF because of the amount of pyrotechnic compound that is involved. The BATF ruled that since our tracer had less then 1 grain of powder compressed into the cavity, it would be designated as a "fuse", which can be shipped via any carrier that handled class 4 materials. This includes the US Postal service among others. Del Miesner

Thanks for the input, HMB

7. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

bird bombs are legal and they have a m80 in them rick

8. EXFDX

EXFDX Member

FWIW I've tried these and they work exactly as advertised. I have used them to great effect with some of the shooters from my High School's SCTP team. Again, just FWIW…

Regards to all,

Steve

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have tried Del's tracer wads and they work as advertised. I loaded up a flat of them and gave them to our SCTP coaches as a training tool. There have been many positive comments on their effectiveness in helping new shooters. The tracer shows up best on overcast days or near dusk, not so good in the full desret sun.

10. Tracer

Tracer Member

For 221,
    FYI when we recieved the patent for these tracers, we went to the BATF for a designation so we would know how to ship them. The ammount of pyro power involved was the question. They had no designation for that small amount and after THEY done their testing they designated it as a "FUSE", because the burn time was so short. The word "TRACER" for most people, including yourself, brings up imiges of WW2 50 cal. machine guns spraying fire all over the hillside. We made a vidio of ours being shot into bushes that had been soaked with gasoine without causing a fire. So I can't speak for incenderary qualities for military tracers but for ours, I suppose if you tried reallllllly realllly hard and shot them into a barrel of gun powder you might get them to ignite something. Oh, I almost forgot, we suggest that those who use our tracers also use some common sense. Our customers seem to have a lot of that.
    As for HMB, He offered a kind, positive remark to your origional thread. Kind of refreshing, don't you think???

11. Tracer

Tracer Member

Why don't you give me a call and we will decuss it. This really isn't the place to have a battle of wits. Read the rules for this forum below if you haven't already, and lets keep this place a friendly one. My No. is
    503-999-4617

12. Tracer

Tracer Member

Thanks MIA,
    I have been advised.

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I'd say it's up t the buyer to fingure out if he can use them. There's no guarantees in life. Get a little fiber in your diet, 221.

Leave the guy alone.

How do I go about ordering some, Del?

Thanks.

Whiz White

14. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

221, you better watch out, "THE MONITOR" has you in his gun sights. LOL

I tried the tracers and they work as advertised, who gives a crap about the shipping? Its not your responsibility.

15. gussy

gussy TS Member

221 must be a lawyer. Poor guy just can't keep from making a federal case out of ordinary life. If I didn't hate lawyers so much I would have pitty.

16. Tracer

Tracer Member

For whiz white. You can order tracers by sending your order to nwresearch@yahoo.com. Our mailing address is:
    Northwest Research Inc.
    3431 Wallace Rd NW
    Salem, Oregon 97304
    503-999-4617

17. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

I have been bugging the S.O. for MONTHS to get these wads. I am looking forward to shooting them and actually seeing where the shot is going.

Thanks Tracer for making them available!!! I can't wait.

Luvn

18. Tracer

Tracer Member

Thanks for the order Jack, the order has been sent. If anyone has questions about how they work etc. please feel free to call 503-999-4617. Will be happy to talk to you. Thanks again Jack, Del Miesner
    Northwest Research Inc.

19. Tracer

Tracer Member

20. Tracer

Tracer Member

NORTHWEST RESEARCH INC.
    3431 WALLACE RD NW
    SALEM, OREGON 97304
    503-999-4617

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page