1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$40 For 1k CCI Large Rifle Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BT-100dc, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

The shock continues: Tuesday, May 19th, I stopped in at Fin, Feather, Fur Outfitters located in Ashland, OH and was shocked to see 1,000 CCI large rifle primers (non-magnum) going for $39 and some change. They were packaged in new gray boxes though. I thought I has misread the price but when I saw the CCI magnum primers were over $40 for a thousand, I did a double-take. There's a slight chance that I may have mistaken the large rifle for large pistol primers but I was hyperventalating so bad and I couldn't find any paper bags as I don't do plastic. 3 years ago or less at a gun show I bought Winchester small rifle primers for $12.50 per thousand and I felt I was ripped off; and by the way, they came with a paper bag where I could breathe heavily into. What's the world coming to? BT-100dc

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You should have bought them. You could have doubled your money by selling them on the internet!!

3. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

40.00 per 1K right now is not that bad of a deal, I am cheap but even I don't consider that scalping.

4. napawino

napawino TS Supporters TS Supporters

On Gun Broker, 5000 large pistol primers sold for $395. That comes out to $79 per 1000.

5. randy-s

randy-s Member

Craig's List $100.00 per 1000.........

6. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

I've got some once fired primers for sale cheap, make me an offer :)

7. capvan

capvan Active Member

Last night at our weekly shoot, one of the shooters showed me a sales slip from one of NH's largest gun shops. He paid $50 for a thousand Winchester 209 primers. Guess we're all going to be shooting a little less.

8. 1oz

1oz Member

Local retailer had all the different primers the other day large and small rifle same with the pistols and shotguns they were all the same price of 3.75 per hundred with a limit of 500 per type per person each day. There is no way would i purchase cheap and turn around a sell high . As i have never been able to bring myself to sell hulls when i came along your friends shared and we still do . Guess i live in a make believe world tell ya what its nice

9. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

If everybody would STOP paying those HIGH prices and quit stocking up, the prices would go back down where they should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.