1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

40/60 solder bars for sale,20 lbs

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by plinker611, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plinker611

plinker611 Member

0   0   0

i endeded up getting 450 lbs of reclaimed shot,and with it came 14 solder bars,and a ingot of low temp (158 degree temp melt point),and felt the tin content may be somthing a bullet caster may want,so it would be too good to add to the smelting pots,for my next batch of shot.

what i have is,9 bars of federated 40/60 solder bars,2 bars federated-fry sn 50a bars,2 barsolder 30/70, 1 bar russ green splicing metal,and a cerro bend alloy,158 degree F.ingot (1.75 lbs) the bars run 1-1.75 lbs ea.about 20 lbs total. if i bend in half will fit into med.usps flat rate box for cheap shipping. have seen a few of these on egay,and im not looking to get rich like they are, if interested drop me a p.m. with offer,thanks mark jones

also need to add 5-5lb bags,leadex group 000 size buckshot,mic's out at .36,this buckshot was cast.
    plinker611_2009_1411.jpg

plinker611_2009_14111.jpg

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

0   0   0

Don't put that stuff anywhere near your shotmaking alloy. That much tin would ruin a ton of wheelweights. Sellit to the bullet casters.

Jim

3. plinker611

plinker611 Member

0   0   0

that was the plan,i spend too mutch time sorting my wheelweights to change my mix,im am going to re drop all the reclaimed shot after i clean it up.it runs real nice through my stewart black max,alot of guys will question the extra work,but i dont likr to run dirt through my p.w.,and i know it will be closer to 7.5's than the mix'd reclaim.,mark

4. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

0   0   0

That stuff marked Cerro is likely the same stuff used by Cerro Safe (or that is their product) to make chamber casts. It melts is hot water and is non toxic. It is probably close to 100% bismuth.

Jeff

5. plinker611

plinker611 Member

0   0   0

jeff,its similar,but is toxic,50%bismuth,26.7%lead,13.3% tin and 10%cadmium.they say its used alot to bend thin wall pipe,but could be used for chamber casting,it does expand so you wouldnt want to let it cool all the way in the chamber.mark

6. plinker611

plinker611 Member

0   0   0

solder bars and low temp ingot sold to john ,still have 000 buckshot for sale,make offer,mark p.s. thanks john w

7. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Thanks. Payment sent this morning. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.