1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

? 4 Silver $ people

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chocolateman, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chocolateman

Chocolateman Member

Hi: I have a quesion concerning the the Silver dollar club championships being held Dec 9,10 and 11 @ the Silver Dollar in Florida.

Is this an reg. ATA shoot? Is the shoot only open to Silver Dollar residents or can anyone come down and enter?

Thanks
    Phil

2. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Yes the targets are regestered. Yes anyone can shoot. Just can't win the club championship. One could always join the club.

Barry

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I bet if you join the club, shoot and win the club championship, you would be run out of town. Jon

4. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Stl Flyn-I suppose that was tongue in cheek, but, in case others read it as serious, any member can be the winner regardless of how long they've been one.

The membership is a family membership and is now $95 per year. Up $20 from previous years, but carries with it a substantial savings in shooting practice, skeet and 5stand, and in the purchase of shells and reloading components.

I'm not a cheerleader for the Dollar, just that it's a great place to shoot. I try to go to shoot every day since they are open 7 days per week this time of year.

A little chilly today and yesterday, but supposed to warm up starting Friday.

Bob

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

What's chilly? 75 degrees? Try 25 here today

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

No Jack, it was really cold. Near 40 this morning. I had on an Under Armour Cold Gear shirt, long sleeved shirt and my Storm coat. High today is only gonna be 69. Sweatshirt weather.

Anything below the high 70s is too cold for me. I realize YMMV and that it is likely a matter of perspective. And, the Storm coat came off about 1030.

BTW, Jack, that Negrini case I got from you is enjoying the warmer climate and seems quite happy.

Bob

7. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Jack... it's a damp cold here, unlike your dry cold up there.. LOL The wind off the water warms us in the winter. Throw another log on the fire, the view from your place makes it worth being a bit cold. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving..

Jerry B.

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Jack it is all what you are used to the kids some times wear ear muffs and gloves in the morning waiting for the school bus when it gets into the 40's. I moved here in 1988 used to swim every Xmas as a tradition my neighbors would look out the windows at me shaking their heads at the crazy Yankee but the water was 70 degrees never seemed cold to a Yankee but as I aged thinks took a turn over time now the pool has to be in the mid 80's before I will go in not near the guy I used to be for sure.

9. greta500

greta500 Member

today at silver dollar it was quite warm....the weather was wonderful, everyone wore
    Short sleeves

The club shoot is always nice and open to all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.