1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

4-H Shooting Group

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by horizon, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. horizon

horizon TS Member

I'm just getting started opening up a shotgun shooting 4-H group. I just completed the 15 hours of training that 4-H requires for an instructor. I'm looking for the best source for shotgun shooting teaching materials for youths in grades 4-12. I would like to get them started correctly

Bob Hoitt

2. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Hi Bob

I worked with a 4-H trap club for 15 years until employment required that I work evenings when I should have been shooting. I always liked the Trapshooting with the Remington Pros movie and companion book. The movie is available from the ATA Hall of Fame. I have a book that I would donate. Also have the movie if you would like to borrow it. Email above. It's good basic information.

I found that 4-H was a great group to work with and worthy of support. The local gun club gave us very discounted rates also. The state shoot was a wholesome good time as well.

Good luck and enjoy.

Bob

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Where are you located?

4. coloradoEMT911

coloradoEMT911 Member

Bob,
    I am a 4-H state Shotgun trainer for the state of Colorado if you would like to email me at the addy above and let me know what materials you have or have access too and what else you are looking for I can hopefully help with some sources.

RJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.