1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$4.75 per round now???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by plinker61, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

$3 member-$4 non member,2 trap fields,edwardsburg conservation club,edwardsburg mi.$60 per year membership,65 yd coverd pistol range,150 yd coverd rifel range

2. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

3 member 3.50 non member 30 a yr membership inl wife kids portage rod and gun wi

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

We have four clubs that shoot practice the year around . One is $4.00 one is $3.75 and the other is $3.75 . The last club is a very nice club but the driving time and mileage is more and the Practice price is $5.50 .

The last club at $5.50 a round is trying to get new people to shoot at this club but being higher in price don,t help any . If they would lower the Practice price to $4.00 I would drive the extra miles and shoot there more often .

4. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

2.50 a practice round for Trap and skeet. 3.50 for 5 Stand.

Registered events: $10.00 plus fees for the 1st hundred, $10 after.

You can shoot an entire 300 target day of 100/100/50pr for the low, low price of $34.00

All Volunteer Help = low prices. We ALL load traps, and score the rounds.

Come on out and shoot, help load the traps and score the rounds and help keep shooting a bit less expensive. We have a full kitchen to serve your meal requests

First shoot is March 22nd. 10:00 = 1st squad

Big 50's on Thursday evenings(4:30pm) starting in April.

Delco Field and Stream Assoc.
    Brookhaven, PA

Any questions, call Jeff at 610-565-4633

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

The two clubs I shot at recently (Ohio) charge 5.00, and 7.50.(non member)

Anything under 5.00 nowadays is probably a bargain.

Regards...Gerald

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

OVER THE HILL How can anyone think anything over four dollars is a bargain ? Practice is or should be the meat and potatoes of any club . Kill it Kill the club .

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Come on down to Markham Park in S. Florida and be prepared to pay $7.25 a round. High cost sure but it's a county run range, it's run as a business and it's the only game in town.

Eric

8. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

Thw club I belong to Town and Country Gun Club is a private club..members and their guests only... charges $2.00 per round trap or skeet, and it's predicated on the honor system. Yes, that's right honor system and it works. I show up with 3 guests and we all shot 4 rounds of trap each, I collect the fees and turn them in to the treasurer. And here's a fact we are proud of...Our clay money is always correct.

9. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Birmingham Gun Club: Member $4.00 Guest $5.50 Trap only

MultiLakes: League $3.50 Member Practice $4.00 Guest $5.50 Skeet & Trap

Jerbear

10. JEB

JEB Active Member

My club charges $2.20 for members and $6.00 for guests. We operate on a work or pay basis so the members load traps etc. For profit clubs in the area charge between $6.00 to $7.00 per round plus tips with paid help.

Club deal is not quite as good as it seems because dues for those who don't work are over $1,000 year. It pays to shoot a lot.

JEB

11. Billster

Billster TS Member

$7/round.!!!! Public range. Can't afford to join the clubs here on Long Island. I'm shooting 8 - 12 rounds/week. No WONDER I'm broke. Don't complain, guys.

12. 02

02 TS Member

The club I have shot at quite frequently in (Blaine,Mn.) not to mention any club names. The price for members is $6.00 AND $8.50 for non-members. I cant hardly imagine shooting twice a week there!!!!!

13. 02

02 TS Member

Forgot to mention $85.00 a year membership cost also !!!!

14. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

After over ten(10 years) in being involved with the operation of a membership owned and operated gun club I have come to the realistic conclusion that any club (and it members) that believes they can operate on the honor system is wishing for something that has long been pasted our generation, or for that matter past generations. We installed a pay system and found our revenues increase over 100%. I do not believe our situation is any different than the average.

I somewhere posted about about someone having their head in the sand.
    Now I am convinced more than we care to think about have their heads even deeper than that. - If you look at the costs of targets alone you will find the costs are over $1.70 per hundred. Add overhead, insurance, maintenance etc and tell me you can sustain with revenue of $2.00 per hundred. I really would like you to share this information with me. I am kind of dumb and need professional assistance. - Jim

15. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

We just got a load of targets and the target cost, after minimal shrinkage, is $2.00 a round. Adding in operating costs, based on 14,000 rounds per year, takes the cost to $3.75 in the air. In addition, the Club just voted to set aside the members dues of just over $10,000 per year to build up a war chest in case of legal challenges and knowing that it may cost as much as $75,000 to get the Conditional Use Permit renewed every 10 years.

If a Club doesn't have $50,000 in the bank to fight legal challenges or pay for other contingencies, it is being very poorly run and the target fess/dues should be increased until that contingency level is met.

16. hreinke

hreinke TS Member

Went to Texas over the christmas holidays and looked for a club to shoot some prictise around College Station. Found one a little north of the city and went and shot to rounds of practice at the bargin price of $8.00 around + tax for non members,$7.00 for members. Membership was $125.00 a year. Shot a round in Conroe, Texas and the price there was $8.75 a round. I asked why there prices were so high and they used the excuse of surcharge on gas for delivery of there birds.I told them they won the top prise for having the highest prices in the south. Shot in Woolmarket,Miss. last year and there price for 25 targets was $2.00.

17. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Jacksonville Gun Club: Members: $5.50+tax Non-members: $8.50+tax. Annual membership: $180.00+tax

Jacksonville NAS Gun Club: $3.00 per round, no tax. Annual membership: $7.00

Guess where I will be most of my shooting!!

Van

18. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

A club can charge 8 dollars or 3 dollars . The 8 dollar club will close first .

19. mallardfilmore

mallardfilmore TS Member

Powder Creek in Lenexa Ks would win the "nice going" prize if you only stop to shoot one round. It's $6.00 for non-members PLUS a $5 per day usage fee. A mere $11 for a round. If you stay to shoot 2 rounds then the price drops to a paltry $8.50 per round. Yearly member fee: $150.00

20. Beak

Beak TS Member

Yes, I too have the advantage to shoot at Jax NAS as Van does. However, the local folks at Jacksonville have the priveledge to pay the city almost $10,000/yr for lease, electric bill, water, grounds maintenance, cost of machines, two paid employees etc., while at the base all we have to do is load targets. It is very costly to run a gun club, and hold your head above water at the same time. Most politicians along with their contituents would love to see most gun clubs/shooting organizations go away. Sorry I jumped on the soap box - but the "times are a changin'" (not for the good of gun clubs). Just my .02. Beak (Ron Raizis, VP Jacksonville Skeet and Trap)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.