1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3X Night Vision magnifier.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brayburn, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Brayburn

Brayburn TS Member

Hello all. Can anyone who has an add-on 3X or 5X magnifing lens for a ITT PVS 14 or PVS 7, look through the magnifier part only (on it's own) and tell me if the image is inverted or the right way up when looking at something about 30 foot away ? please. I have been reading the blogs on AR15 about using a Polaroid 4.5X lens and would like to try and fit a Newcon catadioptric (mirrored) zoom lens which is producing an inverted image. Any ideas would be a bonus. Thank you all. Philip.

P.S. "do I need a correction/erecting lens"

2. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Philip,

Call Jim Jones. He is very knowldgeable on PVS 14s and magnifiers, both of which he has in stock

He runs a business named Laser King.

(937)968-3600 or

1 800 497-2041

3. Brayburn

Brayburn TS Member

Just worked it out ? I think, Inverting image intensifing tubes have 180 degree twisted fibre optics that result in the image being seen the right way up "erect" when veiwed through a PVS 14 N/V devise. Thanks all anyone got a Polaroid 4.5 X lens for sale. Regards Phil

4. Brayburn

Brayburn TS Member

Sorry Sarge that I was asking other questions on TS.com but with so many helpfull people who have such a vast amount of knowledge just thought I would give it a try. Regards to you. Phil

Search tags for this page

pvs 14 loose with magnifier on it

pvs-14 3x magnifier

pvs7 3x magnifier forum

pvs7 lens magnifier forum