1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

3S VISTA (Success)

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GeoCook, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoCook

GeoCook TS Member

A major milestone has been reached here. I have my 3S Version 9.00 running on MicroSoft Vista so a re-write is not going to be necessary. I still have some issues to workout about the networking and security but I have it up and running. The major issue with VISTA is that you MUST open each program as the system administrator. You can no longer double click on the 3S Icon, you must right click and then click on "Run As Administrator" and it works fine. You will still have to download a program from MicroSoft called Win32Help.exe in order to get the existing help file to work.

I was dreading the thought of having to re-write the system in order to run in Vista as this would cause the de-bug issues again. I will keep you posted on my progress but I should have this running in the next couple of months. Another good thing about all of this is that I can now get the 3S Trap Shooting LAN version ready to go. This system will then allow you to have a shoot over a 14 day period and have up to 24 events.

George R Cook

Shooting Sports Software

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.